5 Favorite Summer-Break Tips
You can trust me that I make sure to take care to have as EnergyRich? a vacation as possible (why come back from vacation feeling bloated, a few pounds heavier, experiencing heartburn etc, right?). So I wanted to share my 5 favorite ways (food-wise and fun-wise) of making that happen!
Food For Summer Vacation
1. Bring Your Own - don't panic. I'm not talking EVERYTHING, but I am suggesting you consider the basics. Let's face it: Rest Stops, Airports, Train Stations, and Tourist Destinations do not necessarily have your best energy in mind. They generally are looking to make the most for their dollar. This is fine, but why should your body have to pay the price? So what to do? A few options for "Bring Your Own":
* A self-made, EnergyRich? sandwich for in the car, on the train, plane, boat ? you name it!* Snack bags - fill 'em EnergyRich? and eat 'em all throughout your trip! * Breakfast - have it with you and you can save a lot of money and energy by choosing what you eat to start your day EVEN when you are on vacation!
2. Drink Water - you've got to have it! Traveling in the car - bring gallons with you; arriving by public transportation - find the nearest grocery store ASAP and stock up for hotel/motel room or campsites and be sure to have some bottles to carry with you throughout the day. It is so easy to become dehydrated when distracted by the beach or Mickey or what have you.
(As always, being EnergyRich? isn't just about the food you put in your body. It's also about making choices around what you do and how you do it so that you are leading your most energized life!)
3. Keep it Cool - I am a big fan of making sure that there is a refrigerator in your hotel room and if not bringing/buying a cooler. This is so important for keeping veggie snacks fresh, fruit cool or anything else you might need that you know you are not going to get at all of those vacation restaurants.
4. Get Moving - there is no better place to be physically active than on vacation: take walk on the beaches, not just sun baths; swim in the pool; walk around the back streets of the town you are visiting (see where the real folks live); ride a bike; tour the local golf course ? you get the picture ?
5. Don't Do it All - since life and success is about balance, so is vacation. You don't need to see every monument, light house, historic spot, t-shirt shop or even hike every trail. Choose your destinations and then take time to stroll, sit and read, have longer dinners than usual and just be with yourself, your travel companions (if you have them with you) and the new environment you are in.
To Your Health and Success, Heather
Want to use this article on your website or your own ezine? You absolutely can! But here's what you MUST include: Heather Dominick, Certified Nutrition-Energy Consultant, is founder of the EnergyRich Lifestyle Program?, the proven step-by-step program to help you achieve your best health and fullest life. To sign up for her freebie how-to articles and no-charge teleclasses on creating your best energy life, visit http://www.individual- health.net
Chris Cate on short-term vacation rentals: 'Act now' - The San Diego ... - The San Diego Union-Tribune
Protein and Endurance Sports
Endurance Sports are like music concerts. They start at a low key, setting a steady rhythm and culminate into a crescendo that enthralls the spectator and the athlete.
Water, The Magical Drink
Glowing skin comes free of charge to you. Our simple water does it effectively.
Gift Basket Idea for Senior Citizens
Evidence for the importance of fruit and vegetable intake to health and quality of life with aging is widely recognized. Consuming fruits and vegetables can reduce an individual's risk of cardiovascular disease and many cancers.
Food Additives Affect Behavior
On average 30% of foods in our daily diet are processed foods. These are foods that come in a box or a can and have many ingredients that are hard to pronounce, containing food starches, gums, preservatives, and colorings.
Finding Your Reason Why to be Healthy
The most incredible thing you can do for yourself is have a big enough reason why that will totally light up your life and will remind yourself of that reason every single day. We are going to go through a process to help you create your reasons why to make it almost impossible not to be healthy.
Improve Your Health With Fiber!
Your fiber intake is a critical factor in weight loss and general well-being. Health professionals advise that adults should eat at least 25-35 grams of fiber each day.
5 Ways to Get the Best Out of Radishes
They sit left behind on relish trays. They're often by-passed in grocery store refrigerator shelves.
Take Back Your Life 7
In parts 1-6 of this series of articles titled "Take Back Your Life", we discussed what could be considered the four wheels of the human wellness vehicle. We discussed the importance of proper cell function, the necessity of having and maintaining a balanced endocrine system, and the role of vitamins and minerals, including certain trace minerals as they relate to wellness, the value of antioxidants, the necessity of consuming plenty of enhanced water and what roles lactoferrin (Lf) and proline-rich peptide (PRP), which act to regulate and balance the immune system, play in helping to maintain a healthy body.
Substitutes for Butter
Instead of Butter: Use top quality, cold pressed, extra virgin olive oil, from the first pressing, or flaxseed oil. The taste of virgin olive oil is appealing to millions of people around the world, so why not adopt it to your taste?Flaxseed oil is prized for health reasons and not for its taste.
What is a Healthy Eating Plan?
Healthy eating is important for everyone, from babies to the elderly. Learning to eat well is more than just eating a variety of foods so that your body gets the proper nutrients.
Whey Protein Importance
Studies on whey demonstrate it's an even better protein supplement than previously thought. Although whey protein's health benefits have only recently been elucidated, the use of whey protein for medicinal purposes has been prescribed since the time of Hippocrates.
A Consumers Guide to Soy Terms
Although you may have heard about soy and all of its health benefits, you may not have figured out how to incorporate it into your diet, yet. There are so many products available; figuring out exactly what they are may seem overwhelming.
Grains That Cause Illness
Eating grain products - breads, cakes, cereals - have long been consider a healthy choice. If you look at the RDA recommendations, grains, at the bottom of the pyramid, are what you should be eating the most of to maintain a healthy body.
Prevent Constipation and Other Health Ailments with Papaya
Constipation is a condition whereby the fecal matter traveling through your colon remains too long in your colon before traveling out of the rectum. You become aware that you are constipated if you have difficulty passing motion or take a few days to do one purge.
Green Tea and Your Health
Green tea has been used as for medical remedies in China since ancient times. It was said to have many health benefits and be a remedy for many ailments.
Focus on Trans Fat
There's no doubt--carbohydrates have taken center stage in public discourse about dietary practices. You can't turn on the TV, open a newspaper or walk past the office water cooler these days without hearing a debate about this nutrient du jour.
The No 1 Reason Why Most Diets Fail & What to Do About It
How many times have you tried to diet/lose weight in the past?How many times have you had some initial success only to fall short of your goals?How many times have you achieved your initial goals, only to see them fly away faster than you were able to enjoy the fruits of your labour?Why does this happen?In most cases, the answer is simple. You've failed one test.
MonaVie Acai Berry Juice - The Tree of Life from Amazonian Rainforest...
What ancient tribes and people of the Amazon have known for centuries, the world is just discovering. That an ancient berry, called the Acai Berry, may cause a sexual sensation.
The Most Effective Treatments for Acid Reflux Disease
Acid reflux disease, or GERD, is a common compliant of the digestive system, often characterised by persistent burning or discomfort behind the breastbone. As the symptoms of GERD can mimic those of coronary disease, it is important that you visit your doctor, if you have chronic heartburn.
Post Workout Nutrition: Secrets to a Hard, Lean Body
As you've probably heard before, your post-workout meal may very well be your most important meal of the day. The reason is that when you're finished with an intense workout, you're entering a catabolic state where your muscle glycogen is depleted and increased cortisol levels are beginning to excessively break down muscle tissue.
|home | site map|