|Traffic Building Information|
How to Develop Back Links
There are no hidden secrets on how to rank high with the major search engines. All that is needed is a basic understanding of how search engines work and a bit of know hown Perhaps the biggest contributing factor to a successful web site is incoming links. Without links, your website will more than likely go unnoticed. So how should you accumulate these links? Below are a few basic methods to accumulate quality back links
Before you get started
You MUST understand how search engines work. Over 90% of your business will likely come directly from search engine results. Therefore, it is absolutely essential to optimize your site for search engines. You could have the greatest deals in the entire world, but if no one knows about them then your efforts are wasted. Do a search on google for Search Engine Optimization (SEO). You will find tons of great information on how to create a website that is both user friendly and search engine friendly. There are also countless numbers of companies and freelancers out there who offer SEO services. Just be cautious of their offers and do your research first. Remember, NO ONE can guarantee top placement in major search engines, no matter what they say.
Where should back links come from?
1. Articles are a fantastic source of links and additional traffic to your site. There are countless sites online that want your articles. It's a win win situation for everyone. When you write articles and submit them online, you are able to leave a link to your own site and sometimes even anchor text. I know what you're saying, "I can't write about anything." I use to feel the same way. But the truth of the matter is, anyone can write. You just have to find a topic that interests you. You can write about anything from dogs, to computers, to personal training, to web hosting, heck you can even write about writing. The bottom line is, articles are a valuable source of "relevant" back links to your site.
2. Submit to directories. There are literally hundreds of "free" and "paid" directories online. With 3 hours of painless work, you can have your site submitted to hundreds of great directories. There are many quality lists of directories that are regularly updated. One of my favorites is http://www.best-web-directories.com/ which is always updated and maintained.
3. Develop link exchanges with relevant sites. The major search engines such as google see incoming links from relevant sites, and give them more rank compared a link from an unrelated site. For example, if you have a website about pet care products, your link strategy should target pet related sites. Again with a bit of hard work and determination, you can develop a great deal of "relevant" back links.
4. Forums are a great source for additional traffic and links. Many forums allow their users to display signatures in their posts. These signatures can consist of both text and links. When you post a new message on that forum, your websites link will be displayed for everyone to see. This not only helps build valuable back links, but will bring additional traffic to your website.
5. Join a link co-op. Co-ops such as the one found at http://www.digitalpoint.com/ are an amazing source of valuable back links and free advertisement. What is a co op network? A Co op network is a network of site owners/webmasters that offer ad space to the network. In return, the ads they define are displayed across the entire network. The best part of ad networks such as the one found at digital point, is, they are free. Having your site in a co-op can literally mean thousands of back links for your site.
If you want to have a successful site, whether-it-be a hobby or for business, you have to understand how search engines work. Part of that understanding is knowing about link development. Maybe in the early 90's the idea of "if you build it they will come" might have been true. But in the year 2005 the internet is a far more competitive and complex place. To be successful today, you have to work at it. Without a quality source of back links the search engines will all buy ignore your site.
Reciprocal linking is considered by many people the most effective way to increase traffic to your website. You often get hits from the web sites that you have exchanged your links with, and reciprocal linking also helps boost your search engine rankings.
Youre Not Linking, TheyNe Cot coming!
Large companies tend to spend huge amount of money on the web. They put in so much with banner ads and did all they can not to mention a single external link on their site. They're really missing it big time.
Be Number One
The trick to making it REALLY big on the internet biz channel these days is to become an authority. It doesn't matter what the subject is, if you are THE authority on it, you'll be making money in no time!
No Follow Illustrates Need For Good Linking Plan
The blog explosion created a great opportunity for savvy marketers--they could post their URL's in the comments of blogs and reap the benefits of links back to their sites as the search engines crawled through.
Free Traffic Course - Day 7
When you work with web site traffic, you must have the tools that show you the real picture about this traffic. You must know for sure how targeted your visitors are, what they want, what offers they like more, what offers cut down their motivation to use your product/service.
How to Get Non Reciprocal Links
In this article we will look at how to get non reciprocal links.
How to Increase Targeted Traffic that Boost Your Income?
To increase targeted traffic is one of the foremost wish lists to the webmasters. And the targeted traffic is one of corner stones that make you rich via Internet marketing. Whether you're an affiliate, selling your own products/services, or a web master who seeks extra income through your web site, these three cornerstones must be obtained. What are they?
Simple Steps to Increase Traffic to Your Website
Every website owner wants their website to be popular; some just might not admit to it! To increase traffic to your website, I suggest the following to start with:
What is all the Buzz about LinkedIn and Does It Work?
Have you received invitations to join an online networking website? These new websites have created quite a buzz as the next big thing. People brag about having thousands of 'links' on LinkedIn.com. But this article attempts to explain what value, if any, derives from these networks. Basically, people are driven by the system to forge networks with complete strangers. One of the founders of LinkedIN, Konstantin, posted a message on another forum that was filled with idealistic platitudes that do not match the reality of LinkedIn. Here is my response to him.
Guerilla Marketing: 4 Ways To Generate More Traffic Next Week
You can create more traffic for you and your business without spending any additional money on marketing. With guerilla marketing, it is more about out-smarting the competition than it is about out-spending the competition. Boundless opportunities and countless positive effects on your business await you when you take advantage of the guerilla- marketing concept.
Thinking of Buying Hits To Your Website? Think Again!
Online marketing is an area where you can find a LOT of hype. Make a quick search at Google for 'buy hits', 'ad blaster' or 'email blaster' and you'll have an idea how wide those big void promises of getting 'automatic' traffic to your website. But it's not a real traffic...
How to Get Traffic
The future of online business rest in one word: traffic. No matter how great or sophisticated your website is, if nobody comes, your online business will fail.
Free Traffic Programs and How to Use Them
I try to use as many free traffic programs as I can to increase traffic to my web sites. But does this traffic actually make sales for me? Probably not directly but indirectly they can.
Ultimately Increase Your Traffic & Profits
By doing one thing solve other people's problems.
How to Easily Turn Free Content into Traffic or Cash Fast
I bet you already knew this.
The Traffic Generation Breakthrough That Will Blow Your Mind
Does anyone really enjoy the tedium of spending hours upon hours searching for quality link partners? I know I don't. That's why I've devised a free and incredibly easy method for generating thousands of incoming links to websites that takes the hassle out of getting other sites to link to you.
How to Cheat Traffic Exchanges
There are many ways to cheat traffic exchanges and generate massive numbers of hits to your website. Some are complex and some are simple. Below is a list of some of the more popular methods of cheating.
How to Get Your Traffic to Take Off in a Hurry without Paying a Dime
The desire of every webmaster and in fact anybody with some sort of web presence, it to increase their traffic in a hurry. Higher traffic automatically means more revenue for the website, it hardly matters what the websites' business is. Increasing traffic is hard work and usually takes time. One can however work hard at doing the following things and speed up the process.
Greetings! From the Island Outlaw:
I just had to get into the fray! I'm new to this cyberworld you see and I was surfing the web this morning in search of ways to drum up some traffic for my website. I came across a site called freeviral.com which said it was free! And would work to drive lots of traffic to your site. So I followed the instructions on the page and Lo and Behold I discovered it was just a front for a site called marketit.com owned by one of the so called maketing gurus.
7 Ways to Drive Traffic to your Website
If you sell products or services, chances are you have a website promoting these products and services. All website owners are looking for fresh ideas on how to get qualified visitors to their website and convert these visitors into buyers.
|home | site map|