|KeralaClick.com||Weight Loss Information ||
How to Break a Weight Loss Plateau
Healthy eating has become part of your life, but you're still 10 or less pounds short of your goal weight. Don't worry. This happens to most people. It may be that your body likes the weight you are at and does not want to give up anymore fat. Every "body" has a set point. You can change this if you really are adamant about reaching your original goal weight.
Here are lists of things to change that will jumpstart your weight loss again:
1. Make changes to your weight training routine. If you have been doing a full body workout you should switch to a split routine. Do your upper body one day and your lower body on your next weight training day or work your muscles in groups (ex: Day 1 - Legs / Day 2 - Chest & Triceps / Day 3 - Back, Shoulders & Biceps)
2. Change the type of exercises you are doing for each body part. For instance, if you have been doing the Seated Chest Press and Pec Deck for your chest, switch to a Flat Bench Press and Dumbbell Flyes. You will actually see better results if you use free weights instead of machines.
3. Change the type of cardio you are doing. Your body gets used to the same routine after about 4 weeks. If you have been doing the treadmill for your cardio workout for more than 4 weeks, switch to the stationary bike, the elliptical or the stair stepper.
4. Make some dietary changes. For a short while (6 weeks or less) you can remove the starchy carbohydrates from your last 2 meals. Replace the starch with vegetables. Never remove all the carbohydrates from your diet.
5. Zig Zag your caloric intake. Eat low (1400) calories for 3 days in a row, and then have one higher calorie day. Increase your calories by 25% for your high calorie day. (1750 calories).
6. Make sure you are eating ONLY whole-grain, unprocessed carbohydrates. White flour and processed carbohydrates such as bread can cause an insulin spike, which in turn promotes fat storage. Eat foods low on the Glycemic Index to help avoid insulin spikes.
7. If you eat dairy, make sure it is fat free. Since dairy is processed, is it best to keep it to a minimum, especially cheese. There is also evidence that the protein in dairy products may leach calcium from your bones. The best sources of calcium are plant sources such as green, leafy vegetables and soy products like tofu and soy milk.
8. If you've reached a plateau, maybe it's time to try something totally different. Instead of your regular cardio plan, sign up for a martial arts class or a boxing class. They will not only get your heart pumping but also help to make you mentally disciplined. Try martial arts or boxing classes as your only form of cardio 1 or 2 days a week. Continue with weight training at least 3 days per week. For your "Off Days", take a nice long leisurely walk.
Making just a few of these changes can help you break that dreaded plateau and re-start your fat loss.
Aimee Deak is a certified personal trainer, nutrition analyst and author of the book, "Every Body Loses", an easy-to follow, step-by-step guide to fat loss.
You can find more information about fat loss and exercise on her website http://www.aim4nutrition.com
Can't Lose Weight? It May Not Be Your Fault!
Are you frustrated with your weight problem and don't know what to do about it? Do you find that you lose weight at first, only to gain it all back later, and maybe more when you stop dieting, or when you find yourself bingeing? Are you fed up with weight loss programs that don't work?There is a good reason for that. You don't lack willpower.
Diet Pills And Safe Weight Loss: A Quick Guide To Diet Pills
Serious diet pills are intended for people who are overweight to the point of being considered obese. Therefore, they are known as anti-obesity drugs; and should not be used for quick, temporary weight loss.
3 Simple Weight Loss Tips from the Pros
Tip 1) DRINK A GLASS OF WATER AFTER EACH SNACKThis will help you get in your 8 to 10 glasses of water each day but it can also have other benefits. Ever feel hungry after eating a handful or standard serving of nuts? Try drinking water afterwards.
Low Carb Diets - The South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Zone Diet, and More
The low carb diet craze has become extremely popular amongst dieters. From diet books, free low carb diet plans, online dieting sites, and thousands of low carb recipes, low carb diets have produced favorable results for millions of overweight people.
Rapid Weight Loss Tips - Lose Weight with the South Beach Diet
It's the American Dream: "If I could just lose a little bit of weight..
Lose Weight Permanently And Maximize Health With New Diet & Exercise Habits
I'm sick of all the fad diets I see people preaching about, as if the only thing that matters is losing a lot of weight fast. We need to focus on permanent weight loss as a result of permanent changes to dieting and exercise habits.
Warning: Dramatically Improve Your Health In Just 27 Days!!!
You don't realize it, but in the next few minutes you're going to learn how to drastically sculpt your body and reach an all-time high level of fitness in just 27 days!If you're like me, you'll probably be tired of all the hype present in today's fitness industry. You'll most likely want a no-nonsense guide to achieving Your personal health goals NOW.
Top 10 Diet Tips From Diet Winners
Use these tips to turbo charge your weight loss program.Take it one pound at a time:Don't get overwhelmed by how much weight you need to lose.
Simple Summer Fat Attack!
Summer is about to be in full swing, and it's that time when everyone wants to look impressive in their "lack" of clothing. While I can't promise you that you'll achieve a fitness model body, I can at least give you some simple but important tips in achieving a leaner physique.
Weight Loss Methods
On the market at any given time, there are hundreds of weight loss methods. You will no doubt see hundreds of commercials in your time for a weight loss drug, a weight loss plan, or an exercise machine.
Weight Loss: Where to find Hidden Calories
If you have been eating as usual and the pounds seem to be creeping on - you could be a victim of hidden calories.When we are busy, stressed or focused on something else we reach for convenient snacks that are usually high in fat.
Vinegar and Weight Loss
The Sour Truth -------------------------- Question: I had a baby 6 months ago and would like to lose some weight. I know that if you're nursing, you're not supposed to diet.
There are as many reasons you've given yourself to eat as there are minutes in a day. Storm clouds do it for me.
The #1 Key to Weight Loss - What You DON'T Want to Know and Most Won't Tell You!
You may not like what I have to say, even though it is the truth. And that may be where the problem of American's health problems lies.
5 Easy Steps to Help You Lose Weight
When losing weight, most of us don't have the time to drastically change our lifestyles. We need a practical and convenient way to integrate effective habits into our daily lives.
Weight Loss NOW or Else!
If you knew when you were going to die, would you really want to know? If you knew when you were going to lose your life, would you do anything differently? If you had a choice of living longer or living a better quality of life, which would you choose, longer or better?People say, "if only" they had known they were going to have this happen to me, they would have done things differently. IF ONLY?I had not stressed so much about life.
Phentermine Generics & Brand Names: How To Avoid Prescriptions Riddled With Impurities
Which diet pill are you currently taking for your weight loss needs? Recently, many people have been switching to brand names as opposed to generics. This is because generic manufacturing is put under far less strict rules and conditions.
The Right Diet Pill - Where Do You Begin?
The right diet pill should be carefully considered when deciding how much weight you are looking to lose. More importantly, it is necessary to consider how you will keep the weight off once your targeted weight is achieved.
Eating Healthy Diet Tips
Some (not so) Silly Diet Tips and Why They're NotAt first glance some of these diet tips may seem downright silly. You may find yourself thinking, "That's couldn't possibly make enough of a difference.
Dumping Syndrome: The Dirty Secret Gastric Bypass Patients Keep
Dumping syndrome is an effective result of the gastric bypass system which alerts the body of inappropriate eating. Dumping syndrome is described as a shock-like state when small, easily absorbed food particles rapidly dump into the digestive system.
|© KeralaClick.com 2006|