|Traffic Building Information|
How To Get Links Without Asking
Sending out link requests is a time-consuming business. So wouldn't it be wonderful if other sites linked to you without being asked?
Sound impossible? Well, it can be done and here are ten strategies to prove it. Why not start 2005 by making sure you use them?
In a link building campaign, you have to find target websites in the first place, review them to decide if asking for a link is worthwhile, identify the contact person and send them a customized link request. If you can do all that in 15 minutes per request, you'll be doing very well. On that timing, you'll be able to send out 160 requests in a 40 hour week and with a success rate of say 10%, you'll get 16 links for your efforts.
Perhaps there is a better way to spend those 40 hours.
Sometimes the best way to get links is not to ask for them. That doesn't mean you should sit back, do nothing and wait for links to appear. Spend time creating content and making your site as attractive and easy to link to as possible. There are lots of things you can do to build your link popularity without sending out link requests.
Here are some suggestions:
1. Make it clear on your own website that you want links - ask for them directly and make it easy for people to link by writing the linking code for them (using keyword phrases in linking text of course). Explain why it will help: "If you've found this site useful, please link to us so that others can benefit".
2. Play an active part in online discussion groups and forums. Not only will you learn, but you'll become known and will spot the movers and shakers - and if your people post good opinions and helpful advice, people will link to you.
3. Publish a regular newsletter and republish the content on your website. Encourage people to link by asking, "if you've enjoyed this newsletter, you can link to the permanent version at (insert URL)".
4. Publish articles on other websites - ezines, information sites, media sites, even article banks. This works well. You can find site to submit articles to by doing a Google search, e.g. - intitle:"submit an article" business - this produces over 1,000 results. Spend time looking for niche ezines and newsletters that serve your market, scan the type of content they publish and adapt your writing to their style.
5. Create an interactive tool. My favourite of old was 'The longevity text'. You answered about 20 questions and the tool predicted at what age you would be likely to die. Irresistible - I still remember that my prediction was 83. The test was designed and published by an insurance company - could they have been trying to sell me a pension? A little bit of creativity in thinking about such tools will be time well spent and a good programmer will be able to create a tool in just a few hours.
6. Create great content. (OK, it's an old trick, but it still works) Just keep publishing great stuff. One of the best at this is search engine marketer and prolific writer Jill Whalen. Her weekly newsletter from http://www.high rankings.com is a model of consistency and genuine value to her many thousands of readers.
7. Submit your website to legitimate award sites. Mike Corso's Cool Site of the Day, http://www .coolsiteoftheday.com is a must together with any others you can find. You'd be surprised at how high your chances of success are.
8. Praise and link. When you find genuinely useful resources, write a short, complementary review together with a link. Then publish on your website and click on it just to make sure it ends up in your target's referrer logs. Larry Chase of Web Digest for Marketers publishers a monthly newsletter that reviews about 10 web resources - you'll find it at http://www.wdfm.com . A few days later he writes to each reviewed site and allows them to quote his comments in return for a link.
9. Become a source of quotes. Provide sharp, useful, timely quotes for the media. You can get yourself known and you'll find journalists will seek you out. Sign up for services such as http://www.prleads.c om ($99 per month) or the premium priced http://www.sourc ewire.com (£1,200 per annum).
10. Volunteer to become an editor for several directories. You'll be able to submit reviews of your own sites and you'll have opportunities to get to know your market better - that inevitably leads to more linking opportunities. Go beyond the obvious - as well as http://www.dmoz.org, try http://www.joeant.com, http://www.skaffe.com and http://www.web-beacon.com.
Sometimes we can get too wrapped up in sending out link requests. Steeping back and thinking of some creative ways to get people to link without being asked will be time well spent.
Site Link Popularity (Site Poularity)
Just imagine ... your website having high PageRank and a TON of high quality links in. Impossible?
Linking Your Website To Others Around The World
Finding quality traffic though effective website promotions is the number one area all website owners deal with on a daily basis. There are many advantages to linking your website to others around the world. There are marketing companies that have various ideas on how to increase your exposure. One of these ideas is to increase exposure to your site by having over 750,000 incoming links from websites around the world. The sign up process can be accomplished in as little as five minutes. I have found most website owners are extremely knowledgeable about their product but lack the knowledge to properly market.
Content for Coders
The one thing that any new Webmaster hears when searching for tips on how to improve their site is this: Content is King. And its true; good, high quality content is what gets other people interested in your site, and makes other webmasters link to you. However to me at least there is always far to much focus on what could be termed 'online' content rather than the other sort, which can often yield as many, if not more, high quality one-way inbound links.
My Top 12 Web Site Marketing Strategies - Part 1
If you don't create a successful strategy for marketing your web site, you can't build a profitable online business. It's therefore imperative to drive thousands of visitors to your web site, then convert them to paying customers.
Attracting Traffic with Banner Ads
Internet is an ever evolving business platform. Doing business on the Internet differs in a number of ways from every day brick and mortar business. Change here is more frequent, more dramatic and may have greater impact than in a conventional business. Success in this climate can only come from quick response to the changes. Look at web advertisement! Just in a few short years, we have seen rise and fall of banner advertisement, email marketing, pop-ups, pop-unders and number of other marketing tools.
Quality Traffic & Website Promotion Helps Websites Grow
Quality traffic, website promotion and product and service advertisement is the number one mission for new website owners and existing website owners that are looking to grow. Finding reliable marketing has been my goal over the past year.
What Can Lots Of Content Do For Your Site?
Today there are so many web sites on the web, but so few of them have good content and there are even fewer web sites that have large amounts of content. Why is the web like this? For one most webmasters are trying to make a quick buck and others don't know where to begin or are too lazy to do the work.
No Follow Illustrates Need For Good Linking Plan
The blog explosion created a great opportunity for savvy marketers--they could post their URL's in the comments of blogs and reap the benefits of links back to their sites as the search engines crawled through.
Increasing Site Traffic
Alright, so you have a website but are lacking visitors? This article will discuss in detail the different ways to generate traffic for your site. Keep in mind that the simplest, yet most foolproof and trustworthy way of gaining targeted visitors to your site, is through your site's content. No matter how many traffic generating programs you use, or how many affiliates you obtain, your site will never become popular if it does not have clear, unique content. This article will split up the art of traffic generating into three different categories: lite, medium, and advanced. With each new level of promotion comes more traffic to your site, but also more expense (or time involved). If you are just starting out, we recommend sticking to the lite version.
Is There Such A Thing As LAZY Way To TRAFFIC?
Nowadays there are just too many people trying to give you something of a less (or no) value at a very high price. Why do you buy it? Why do they do it? Will they succeed?
Link Exchange Program: Get Started Building Your Link Popularity!
Every website needs a link exchange program. Every week, set aside time to work on your link exchange program to build up the quality and number of your text links out on other websites within your niche market.
10 Ways to Increase Your Website?s Traffic
1. Trade links with other websites. Websites that are related are best, simply because the user is more likely to be interested in the related link. For example, if someone was looking around a web design site, they are more likely to be interested in a web hosting links than a sausage appreciation society website. However, any link is good (as long as it isn't with a subject you don't want to be affiliated with, i.e. adult websites). It also has the added advantage of increasing search engine rank.
Publicity Tips to Get More Traffic to Your Web Site
Web sites are on my mind, since I just updated mine. Now, I am in the process of publicizing it. As my search engine marketing (pay-per-click) costs are soaring, I have been looking for ways to get free traffic to my site. Perhaps these tips from my research can help you increase traffic to your Web site:
Link Popularity for a Successful Website: How (Not) to Go About Getting It
A classic way of getting seen and noticed on the web is to make sure your site is linked to as many other sites as possible. The strategy of link-exchange has been so overused and abused that search engines are now wary of it and may penalize sites that are linking to "link farms", or to any other sites with non-relevant content.
Viral Marketing Technique Creates a Chain Reaction with One-Time Action!
Suddenly your site's traffic multiplies. You get "Money Waiting" emails from your Payment Processor; more sales than you can handle. Your downline increases radically - potential entrepreneurs join your sales force.
Aim At The Bullseye And Your Online Home Business Will Prosper
Traffic is one thing, but targeted traffic is everything.
Thinking of Using Hit Exchanges to Boost Your Adsense Revenue? Think Again!
So, you've added Adsense to your site and you are getting a few clicks. You could be thinking to yourself, How do I get a massive amount of visitors to bump up my earnings? If you're anything like me, you hear those stories about webmasters that have added Adsense and are already earning five figure incomes per month, and you start to see the dollar signs.
Sales Marketing: Secrets To Using Cross Promotion To Increase Your Business For Maximum Profits
What is cross promotion?
Cooperative Reciprocal Linking Networks - A Critical Analysis
Every webmaster who has personally tried promoting his or her site understands in some sense the value of reciprocal linking. Reciprocal linking refers to the agreement between website owners to mutually link to each others' sites in order to increase both exposure to each others' visitors as well as link popularity to search engines. Traditionally, this process has been very labor-intensive involving a number of steps to initiate contact, establish acceptable link parameters, and verify and police the reciprocal linking arrangement. Now, a controversial new linking tactic has emerged called "the cooperative reciprocal linking network."
The Most Common Small Business Web Site Traffic Killers
A prospective client asked me to view his web site and give him some advice on how to make the site better. Unfortunately, his site was such a mess it became the inspiration for this article.
|home | site map|