|Traffic Building Information|
Why Resources Added to a Web site Increase Revenue!
There are literally billions of Web sites online now offering all types of products and services. Some succeed brilliantly, while others fail miserably.
There can be many reasons for the failure of some Web sites: poor marketing, poor planning, a weak knowledge of the target market, or just an overall lack of knowledge of business principles by the Web site owner.
One shared trait of successful Web sites, however, is the ability and drive to provide good resources to its visitors. This is a tactic that increases traffic, keeps visitors engaged and coming back, and lends authenticity and reliability to a site. Yet many new (and sometimes "not so new") Web masters neglect this very important facet of Web site development and Internet marketing.
Why? There are many reasons, however, here are the "most" common:
1. A Web master may be unaware that resources when added to a Web site can add value and increase sales. Adding resources, especially those that are Affiliate links to other products or services, is a great way to "backend" sales, by offering visitors more than the main product or service to buy.
2. A Web master may feel (wrongly) that offering other products or services, or including great informational resources may "compete" with their own product or service. They may be reluctant to expose others to resources or products and services that are the "same" as theirs, feeling that the competitor will end up with the sale. This may be true to some extent.
However, the benefits of providing other resources and products or services besides the main product or service greatly outweigh the negatives. Studies have shown that Web sites containing great resources have more return visitors, and greater sales numbers overall.
3. A Web master may not feel comfortable assuming the liability for other products and services, or other resources that are added to a site. Of course, the more that a site contains, the greater the maintenance and cost associated with a site. However, again, the benefits of a resource-laden site far outweigh the liabilities.
4. A Web master may have no idea how to find good resources or make a judgment about what to add and what to omit.
All of the above seems to account for the reluctance of some to add additional products and services or resources to their sites. Since adding additional products and services are beneficial to almost all Web sites, here are a few guidelines when choosing which resources to add, which to omit, and the approximate amount of resources to add.
1. Resources should always reflect the main theme of a Web site and be complimentary to the main Web site, as well as the other products, services, and resources that already exist. E. G. An Internet Marketing site should, in all probability, only contain links to products, services, and resources that reflect Internet Marketing.
2. Resources should always be "content rich" and interesting to the visitor. A smattering of lackluster, "same old, same old" type resources does the Web master little good, and may even hurt the Web site, by reducing its sales effectiveness.
3. Resources should be updated at least monthly, to keep the site "fresh and lively" for return visitors. Visitors quickly lose interest if a site seems stagnant.
4. Resources should be plentiful enough to fill out a site, however, they should never overshadow the main theme of a site nor should they take away from the main purpose. They should be placed in an orderly fashion, and laid out for easy accessibility and readability. Clutter should be avoided at all costs, and a clean look maintained. There is a fine line here between "just enough" and "way too much".
5. Avoid gimmicky, poorly written, ethically substandard resources. A Web master must use judgment when choosing resources that are truly an asset to the site. "If in doubt, don't" is a good rule of thumb here.
Resources not only add quality and backend sales on a Web site, they enhance Search Engine placement by providing content and incoming links. They give visitors a good feeling about the site, and they set the Web master up as an "expert" in any given field.
However, quality must always rule over quantity, when placing resources and additional products and services on a site. If prudence is used, resources will enhance sales and traffic, and keep the site "alive and well" long after other competitive sites have disappeared!
Vishal P. Rao is the owner of: http://www.work-at-home-forum.com/ An online community of people who work at home.
Link Exchange Program: Get Started Building Your Link Popularity!
Every website needs a link exchange program. Every week, set aside time to work on your link exchange program to build up the quality and number of your text links out on other websites within your niche market.
7 Simple Ways Of Driving Traffic To Your Site Using One E-Published Tips Booklet
I am not a web designer or search engine optimizer, nor do I play one on TV. However, I do know that the driving force in bringing qualified traffic to your web site is dynamic high value content. That means compelling, interesting, approachable, and immediately useful information, especially when you also directly sell products or services at your site. Increasing and maintaining traffic also demands both offline and online mechanisms to attract those visitors.
Reciprocal linking is considered by many people the most effective way to increase traffic to your website. You often get hits from the web sites that you have exchanged your links with, and reciprocal linking also helps boost your search engine rankings.
Steal Traffic From Your Competitors
This interesting idea is likely to drive your competitors nuts.
10 Highly Effective Ways to Increase Traffic to Your Website
There are many ways to promote your website for free online. Here are 10 highly effective strategies you can use right now.
A 4-Step System for Uncovering Hot Niche Markets
Whether you are an affiliate marketer, a website designer or you make your living creating and marketing infoproducts such as ebooks, discovering profitable niche markets to exploit is probably at the top of your "to-do" list. The following is a four-step system you can apply anytime you need to find a new niche audience to target and profit from.
Website Add-Ons That Can Catapult Your Web Traffic!
1. Add a message board to your web site. People will visit your web site to ask questions and answer other people's questions.
Reciprocal Linking Overload - Any Old Link Back Will Do?
Are you attempting to become a Google junior by adding thousands of links on your site? Don't bother, listen to these facts first.
Zero Cost Quality Traffic For Your Home Business
Do you know that you can promote your home business absolutely free of cost? Moreover you can generate quality traffic of the potential prospects who will come to your site because they are interested in what you sell.
Steer Clear of the Internet Traffic Jam
Yesterday, I got stuck in a traffic jam. It wasn't the first time and unfortunately won't be the last time! 5 miles of bright beaming red tail lights flickering in my eyes. Just the thought of it makes me kind of nauseas. Especially, when all I was trying to do was go to the grocery store to pick up a gallon of milk!
How To Start A Linking Campaign
Getting links to a new website, without Google page rank, can be difficult and sometimes nearly impossible. Most of the websites that have a good page rank in the first place, don't link back to sites without page rank. Some of the webmasters won't even link back to sites unless they have a page rank of 4 or more.
John Reeses Top Traffic Secrets!
Track all sources of traffic generation.
The Link Factor
There are many different approaches and techniques required when optimising a website for a high ranking in your chosen search engine. In most cases loads of informative, relevant content is required as well as plenty of outgoing links to separate you from the cat like competition.
The Hidden Traffic Strategy That Skyrockets Your Profits
If you agree that traffic is the true currency of the web, then you'd want to read this article very carefully?
Increasing Site Traffic
Alright, so you have a website but are lacking visitors? This article will discuss in detail the different ways to generate traffic for your site. Keep in mind that the simplest, yet most foolproof and trustworthy way of gaining targeted visitors to your site, is through your site's content. No matter how many traffic generating programs you use, or how many affiliates you obtain, your site will never become popular if it does not have clear, unique content. This article will split up the art of traffic generating into three different categories: lite, medium, and advanced. With each new level of promotion comes more traffic to your site, but also more expense (or time involved). If you are just starting out, we recommend sticking to the lite version.
3 Instant Traffic Techniques for Mini-Sites
When building websites there are two main options: large content site or small mini-sites. Large content sites are normally more "information" focused. Mini-sites, however, normally have one purpose only, to sell.
Are Manual Surf Exchange a Dying Breed ?
3 years ago when I started trying to make money on the net, manual surf exchange were very popular, everywhere in forum or chat you could read about them. Some were very popular and others were trying to be popular.
3 Fastest Ways To Get Traffic To Any Website
After all the debate over website design, shopping carts and credit card processors, every website owner eventually comes to the startling realization that they need one more thing to survive - website traffic!
Secret to Increase Traffic from Banner Exchanges
Build Your Inbound Site Links Without Requesting Reciprocal Links
A funny thing happened to me three months ago. I decided to practice what I preach and publish a new article online. Hey, its easy to get sidetracked on other projects online and drop or forget about what works. We all do it.
|home | site map|