|Traffic Building Information|
20 Easy Ways To Get People To Link To Your Web Site
First off all let's define what is a link exchange? A link exchange Internet marketing campaign is the process of exchanging hyperlinks with a quality site that is somehow related to a company's product or service.
It is easy to get link exchange partners when you have a website that is getting alot of traffic and has a high page rank with Google. What proves to be a little harder is getting a quality link partner to link with your site when you have little or no page rank and little or no traffic.
I have found that giving incentives will help get the link exchanges flowing and as your page rank increases so will links with websites that have a higher page rank.
Here are 20 things you can do to get people to link to your website.
1. When you visit a web site you've enjoyed a lot, write a review for the site. Write about the benefits you gain from the web site. Tell them they can publish it on their web site if they link to your web site.
2. Market your web site as a free web book. Design your web site with a title page, table of contents, chapters, etc. Just allow other people to give away the web book by linking to your web site.
3. Offer other web sites free content to post on their web site. Include your link on all of your content. The content should related to your web site because it will be in front of your target audience.
4. Allow other people to publish your e-zine on their web site. Include your web site's ad and link in each issue you publish. This may also help you increase the number of people that subscribe to your e-zine.
5. Give your visitors an instant article directory. Tell your visitors they can instantly add a free article directory to their web site by linking to yours. Just place your ad or banner ad on top of the article directory for your main web site.
6. Start a members only web site. Tell visitors what's in your members only site and what it costs to gain access. Offer them a free membership if, in exchange, they link to your web site.
7. Trade other forms of advertising to people that link to your web site. You could trade e-zine ads, print ads, autoresponder ads, classified ads, ebook ads, etc.
8. Allow other web sites to use your discussion board for their web site visitors. Just have them link directly to the discussion board. Include your web sites ad or banner ad at the top of the discussion board.
9. When you purchase a product and it exceeds your expectations e-mail the business a testimonial. Make sure your statement is detailed. Give them permission to publish it on their web site if they link to your site.
10. Offer your visitors a free sign up to your affiliate program. Pay them commission to sell your products or services. Just give them an affiliate link to track their sales. People will link to your web site to make extra money.
11. Give away web space to people for free. Since you are giving it away for free, request they link to your site by placing your ad or banner to the site.
12. Create your own award site for other web sites. Give the winners a graphic or text link to place on their web site when they win. This will link your web site to theirs and draw more traffic to your web site.
13. Create a directory of web sites on a specific topic. Give people the option of adding the directory to their web site by linking to it. Put your business ad at the top of the directory's home page.
14. Offer a free e-book to your web site visitors. The ebook should be related to your target audience. Allow them to give the e-book to their own web site visitors by linking directly to your web site.
15. Are you an expert on a particular subject? Offer people free consulting via e-mail if, in exchange, they either link to your site. People will consider this a huge value because consulting fees can be very expensive.
16. Exchange content with other web sites. You could trade articles, top ten lists, etc. Both parties could include a resource box at the end of the content.
17. Create an online club or association. Tell your visitors what's included in the membership and what it costs to join. Offer them a free membership if, in exchange, they link to your web site.
18. Allow people to use an online service or utilities from your web site if, in exchange, they link to your web site. The online service could be an e-mail account, search engine submission, web page design, copywriting, proofreading, etc.
19. Join or create a web ring. A web ring is a group of web sites on a similar subject agreeing to link together. To find a web ring to join type keywords "web rings" into your search engine of choice.
20. Allow people to download software at no charge from your web site, if they link to your web site. The software could be freeware, shareware or demos.
There is no doubt that getting quality link partners takes a lot of hard work. Many times the benefits are not obvious for months and months. Don't stop with these 20 ways to get link exchanges. Come up with incentives of your own.
In the long run all of this effort is worth it. When your website is getting more free traffic, and is enjoying a position on page one with the major search engines for the keywords that define your website, you will be glad that you have done more than your competition to get quailty link exchange partners.
Copyright 2004 Jeff Schuman
About The Author
Jeff Schuman has used the strategy of exchanging links to take his website Team-Schuman.Com to page one with all of the major search engines for the keyword phrases "make money", "make money at home" and many other similar keywords. Check out his make money site here:
How to Increase Web Site Visitors For Relevant Terms Using Your Less Relevant Listings
Completely by accident and through no effort of my own, besides the effort to get my site spidered by Yahoo's Slurp Search Engine Spider and Google's Googlebot Search Engine spider, I've seen an accidental increase in the visitors to my web site.
Web Coach Tip: 3 Proven Steps to Increase Traffic to Your Website
#1 Make sure your business card includes a persuasive "FREE Offer" inviting the recipient to visit your website. I used to think this idea was too "salesy." That is, until I tried it myself. I exchanged a handful of cards at a networking function; in the next few days I noticed a significant increase of subscribers all from this event!
Where Do You Get Quality Content?
There are three main sources for you to get the content you need.
Using Free Publicity to Build Your Web Site Links and Traffic
So, you have a great product or service, yet your web site is not getting the high rankings and traffic you desire from the top search engines like Google and MSN Search.
Is Your Site Hungry For Traffic?
For the past few years, I've been stashed away in my secret lab working on underground strategies for driving hordes of targeted to traffic to my sites.
For Both Search Engines And Real Estate, Location Is Everything
It's all about location, location, location!
What Can Lots Of Content Do For Your Site?
Today there are so many web sites on the web, but so few of them have good content and there are even fewer web sites that have large amounts of content. Why is the web like this? For one most webmasters are trying to make a quick buck and others don't know where to begin or are too lazy to do the work.
5 Ways To Get Other Websites To Link To Yours
In-bound links from other web sites to yours provide two avenues to success for your site.
Link Building That Makes Sense: Who To Link To
When you are building links to increase your link popularity, who do you link to? The question of where to link to increase ranking can be confusing. Logical thinking is needed to achieve link popularity in a natural way.
A Beginners Guide to Exchanging Links
Reciprocal linking is an effective, free way to get more visitors to your website.
Free Traffic Course - Day 6
We will start with one Internet Marketing myth - the pop-ups do not work today. They give no effect to the web site, they do not bring any traffic, just distract the attention. This myth is partially true: old-fashioned pop-ups do not work. Modern pop-ups have advanced much further: today they give fresh look to the web site.
Winning the Traffic Exchange Game
Winning the traffic exchange game can be done. I was just starting out online and had no money so I was looking for a free way to drive traffic to my site. That is when I first found traffic exchanges. I found the concept to be great and signed up for everyone I found and started clicking and clicking and clicking. After countless hours, a blistered clicking finger and a lot of frustration I found the secret to the game.
Ten-Step Guide To Boosting Your Sites Traffic and Revenue
1. Hunt for Catchy Domain Names and Get a Quality Paid Host
Using Traffic Exchange Programs Part 3
(Continued from Using Traffic Exchange Programs Part 2)
Use eBay as Cheap Traffic!
Did you know that according to alexa, www.eBay.com is ranked number 8 out of over 36 billion sites on the web? (36,000,000,000!). On average, it recieves 40 million hits daily, and of that, it's average user views 17 pages. That's impressive! What's also great, is that most listings get at least 50 very targeted views. If you can get listed on eBay's "The Pulse" (most popular internet auctions) you are guaranteed at least 5,000 visitors to that listing, and many of them will click through to your site, affiliate link, whatever makes you money.
The Need For A Website Emetrics Audit Before Major Design Changes
So you have decided on a design makeover for the website. Or perhaps it's the boss who thinks it needs refreshing and a bit of a lift.
Using Traffic Exchange Programs Part 2
(Continued from Using Traffic Exchange Programs Part 1)
Link Building Strategies
Well, an effective link building strategy is not building some 50-100 back links with sites with 'X' PR. It is more of getting links from the informative websites that is visited often by the people who could be your future customers. In broad sense the websites related to your focus industry.
Web Site Marketing: Give Away Softwares And Generate Traffic And Sales
If you want to get something from others, the fastest way to do that may be to give them something for free, first.
Get More Web Site Traffic From Search Engines
Considering all of the money you spend on promotion and advertising, wouldn't it be great to build a steady stream of web site traffic from the free search engines?
|home | site map|