|Traffic Building Information|
13 Steps to Increasing Your Link Luck
Link development can be an absolute nightmare. It takes up most of a marketer‚??s time and the yield isn‚??t always what we originally hoped. Worrying about PR, one way inbound links, triangle linking, where to find quality sites to exchange with, it‚??s all just a huge headache. To be honest, there‚??s no real way to wash your hands of it, unless you have a huge budget for purchasing text links or to hire someone to do your linking for you. So here are 13 ways to increase your linking luck. They require a little bit of effort, but executed properly, these steps will only bring your site success.
1. Create a page or series of pages on which you will post the links you are reciprocating. It is important to make sure these pages are a valuable resource to anyone who actually visits them. Try to avoid the use of the word ‚??link‚?? or phrase ‚??link exchange‚?? in your body text, title or file names. Use ‚??resource‚?? instead. Allow visitors to these pages to suggest additions without using link exchange language like ‚??submit site‚??.
2. Keep your outgoing links relevant, but don‚??t be too specific. For example, http:// www.realestatelicense.com - this is a real estate license school, so we would list resources for real estate, real estate training, post secondaries, trade schools, education, careers, mortgages, architecture, interior design, contractors, etc. It is important to keep your entire web site‚??s keyword density to a decent level and this includes not just the keywords you are targeting, but keywords that relate to the theme of your site. keeping your site‚??s keyword density to a good level is the reason why you should only list related web sites. Dedicating a page on http:// www.realestatelicense.com to baking will bring down that site‚??s keyword density.
3. Keep an eye on your link to text ratio. Write paragraphs for each link page explaining what types of sites visitors will find on this page, how you hope this will help your visitors and that they can suggest additions if they know of any. You can also add comments to each link you have on the site. Too many links and not enough text will tell search engines that this page is a link page and is only there for search engine optimization purposes. Search engines like real resource pages, that are there for the use of your site‚??s visitors.
4. Don‚??t worry too much about PR - search trends are beginning to show that PR is less and less important. As I‚??ve said in previous articles, just like the saying ‚??no publicity is bad publicity‚??, no inbound link is a bad one, the more links you have, the more your site will be seen, plain and simple. Relevancy is the new PR. Keep your outbounds relevant and useful, regardless of PR, and you‚??ll do fine.
5. Submit your site to directories, including industry and geographically specific. This is a universally known tactic, but most people just do it once. You‚??ve got to search every once in a while to find new directories, search engines and other people‚??s resource pages. They pop up daily, keeping on top of it will be the most beneficial thing you can do for your site.
6. Join link exchange networks. There are a few out there that are quite valuable and well done, like http://value-exchange.sitesell.com/ and even some of the less valuable ones will send you a decent link opportunity every now and again.
7. Talk to the people in your geographic area. If your store is in a mall, ask the other stores in your mall to exchange links. If you‚??re in an office building, ask all the other businesses in the building. Look through your chamber of commerce web site, or local business directory. Remember, relevancy includes geography. http:// www.realestatelicense.com can exchange with sites related to the keywords I listed in step 1 as well as sites in and around their area of California.
8. Ask any clients with businesses to link to your site. Offer them a discount on further purchases for the duration of time they keep your link up. Not only does this produce a one-way incoming link to your site, but it also promotes repeat business.
9. Ask every site you come across that you like or find useful for a link exchange.
10. Participate in forums, such as http://scamcops.abalone.ca/forums/ and use your signature to link to your site.
11.Triangle linking, though hard work, can be very beneficial. Triangle linking is the process of creating one way links between three sites. Eg. Site 1 agrees to link to site 2 if site 2 links to site 3 and site 3 links back to site 1.
12. Write articles and submit them to places such as articlecity.com and goarticles.com. Make them valuable articles that people will actually read, and they‚??ll get picked up by more places. Make sure your Author‚??s bio has a link to your web site.
13. Create a ‚??Link to Us‚?? page and allow visitors who find your site a great resource to link to you on their own. Avoid banner links or button links and stick to text links. Relevant anchor text is as important as the link itself.
And finally, be patient. Obtaining a lot of incoming links all at once can raise some flags in search engine algorithms. A well conducted link development campaign takes time but is well worth it. The pay-off can turn your new business into a massive success and can mean the difference between flipping burgers for operating capital, or sipping Mai-Tais in Bora Bora while all your worker bees back home keep things going. Trust me, Tahiti‚??s worth the wait.
Courtney Heard is the founder of Abalone Designs, a search engine optimization company in Vancouver, Canada. She has been involved in web development and marketing since 1995 and has helped start several businesses since then in the Vancouver area. More of Courtney's articles are available at http://www.abalone.ca/resources/
Is There Such A Thing As LAZY Way To TRAFFIC?
Nowadays there are just too many people trying to give you something of a less (or no) value at a very high price. Why do you buy it? Why do they do it? Will they succeed?
How To Get Guaranteed Traffic With Overlooked And Little Used Methods
Traffic. We all know that without it our sites will sit there lost in cyberspace. Gathering nothing more than the occasional spider crawling across lonely electronic cobwebs.
Get More Web Site Traffic From Search Engines
Considering all of the money you spend on promotion and advertising, wouldn't it be great to build a steady stream of web site traffic from the free search engines?
Traffic Generation Tutorials - Article 1 of 10 Bi Weekly Articles
This article will be continually updated with your feedback and updates will appear http://www.its-brilliant.com/0001.html. Please See Contact and Reprint details at end of Article An "In Depth" Look At How To Create an email discussion list If you find this information valuable, please send it on to a friend
What Do Your Site Statistics Mean, Anyway?
The purpose of analyzing your web site statistics is to look for trends and to research the success level of your marketing campaigns. The numbers themselves can be misleading, as statistical packages count "hits" in different ways. If someone visits a page on your site doesn't mean that they read it completely.
7 Ways to Increase Web Site Visitors and Boost Sales
Have you spent a lot of money on advertising with the expectation that you would get many sales from the 1000s of web site visitors that read your ad?
A Simple Guide to Analyzing All Those Web Traffic Ideas - Part 2
Just to recap - Part 1 of this article outlined some of the so-called "secrets" of website traffic being offered on-line and what you might expect for your money. If you missed Part 1 you will still be able to view it by clicking on the links appearing in the resource box at the end of this, Part 2.
Web Site Monitoring Is A Global Necessity
Bill Huang sits down at his computer. As he connects to the Internet, he glances out at the sun poking its nose above the Hong Kong skyline. It will be another busy day, and he has to order those slippers for his wife before rushing off to a meeting.
Common Website Mistakes
It used to be that simply having a website meant that your organization was ahead of the curve. Those days are long gone. Today more that ever, organizations need to fuel business and their bottom lines through savvy internet tactics.
A Simple Guide to Analyzing All Those Web Traffic Ideas - Part 1
There will be a lot of people unhappy about what I am going to reveal in this article. However, I think it is time somebody spoke out about what is happening on this wonderful medium we have come to know as the internet. What I am talking about are the "sharp" practices engaged in by people offering all sorts of dubious marketing plans.
Satellite TV, Google, and a Stamp
Unless you're building a baseball diamond in the middle of nowhere, the "If you build it they will come" principle simply will not work for your home business or online store. Driving customers to your store and visitors to your Website are essential keys to your success. This article explores some new and old ways of marketing your company. Let's begin with Satellite TV.
Get Traffic Soon and Surge Ahead or Youll Get Lost in the Internet Wilderness.
Getting Traffic or more precisely Targeted Traffic to your website is the most important strategy for the Survival and Success of your Internet Home Based Business. It is a well known fact that the vast majority of the new Home Business Entrepreneurs have only a small marketing budget. Not that they are all short of funds but it takes time for them to be convinced about spending money. It is their desire and determination to cash in on the vast potential the Internet offers that has thrust them into this field of activity.
Internet Promotion: 10 Uncommon Freebies That Can Increase Your Traffic And Sales
It is an open internet promotion secret that the more you give away freebies, the more you attract customers the way honey attracts bees, because people like freebies.
Seven Superb Linking Strategies To Boost Traffic Stats
For all the seeming "intelligence" displayed by its system, Google is still a machine. This means that its every process is determined by an algorithm that, once cracked, is susceptible to exploitation.
Vote for Your Own Website - Nobody Will Mind
OK boys and girls. Today we're having a pop quiz.
3 Proven Free Marketing Methods Guaranteed To Improve Your Website Traffic
Why would you pay for advertising if you could just get it for free? Well, the truth be told, most free advertising methods are mostly alot of hype. You often get what you pay for: nothing! Even the good free methods are often misunderstood & not used to their maximum benefit.
Use eBay as Cheap Traffic!
Did you know that according to alexa, www.eBay.com is ranked number 8 out of over 36 billion sites on the web? (36,000,000,000!). On average, it recieves 40 million hits daily, and of that, it's average user views 17 pages. That's impressive! What's also great, is that most listings get at least 50 very targeted views. If you can get listed on eBay's "The Pulse" (most popular internet auctions) you are guaranteed at least 5,000 visitors to that listing, and many of them will click through to your site, affiliate link, whatever makes you money.
5 Tips For Increased Website Traffic
There are lots of ways to get traffic to your website however most people are interested in getting the most traffic for the least amount of money, preferably for free.
Optimizing Your Dead Links!
I have been reading, with great interest, all the online advice about how to optimize a website. We have a financial planning business in Victoria, BC. Like most towns, there are lots of financial planners, investment advisors, insurance agents, brokers, dealers, and Starbuck's locations here. Somehow we needed to find a way to stand out, perhaps by getting our meta-tags in order.
How To Generate Traffic Using Public Domain Works
A websites profitability depends solely on directing visitors to that website. No visitors? No sales?
|home | site map|