There are several ways to travel around Kerala, and the best method will depend on your preferences, budget, and the length of your trip. Some options for traveling around Kerala include:
- By car – Renting a car is a convenient way to travel around Kerala, as it allows you to explore at your own pace and visit destinations that may not be easily accessible by public transportation. There are several car rental companies in Kerala, and you can choose from a variety of vehicles, including small hatchbacks, sedans, and SUVs.
- By bus – Kerala has a well-developed network of state-run and private buses that connect most major towns and cities. Buses are a relatively inexpensive way to travel around the state, and they offer frequent departures from many locations. However, travel times can be longer on buses, and the comfort level may vary depending on the type of bus and the length of the journey.
- By train – Kerala has a comprehensive rail network that connects many major towns and cities. Trains are a convenient and comfortable way to travel around the state, and there are several classes of service available, including air-conditioned and non-air-conditioned coaches. However, train travel can be slower than other modes of transportation, and reservations may be required for certain routes.
- By plane – Kerala has several airports, including the Thiruvananthapuram International Airport and the Cochin International Airport, which offer domestic and international flights. Flying is a quick and convenient way to travel between destinations in Kerala, but it can be more expensive than other modes of transportation.
- By boat – Kerala is home to a network of canals, lakes, and backwaters, and boat travel is a popular way to explore the state’s waterways. Houseboats and other types of boats are available for hire, and boat cruises offer the opportunity to see Kerala’s natural beauty from a different perspective. However, boat travel may not be practical for long-distance journeys or for visiting destinations that are not accessible by water.
Ultimately, the best way to travel around Kerala will depend on your individual needs and preferences. It may be helpful to consider factors such as cost, comfort, convenience, and the type of destinations you wish to visit when deciding on the best mode of transportation for your trip.
*Kerala is a state located in the southwestern region of India and is known for its diverse range of tourism destinations, including hill stations, beaches, wildlife sanctuaries, and cultural attractions.