Flying Chef (Job Code: CHF)
· Candidates ( Female/ Male) (Age between 23-35 years)
· Minimum educational qualification: Hotel Management or Catering diploma
· F & B graduate
· Minimum 3 years experience in 5 Star Hotel, Cruise Ship should currently be a Demi Chef De Partie or above
· Good communication skills
· Outgoing/ pleasing personality and proportionate physique
· Knowledgeable in latest food and restaurant trends
· Beneficial courses: Wine knowledge & Customer service
· Knowledge of foreign languages would be an added advantage
Flying Chef Department: In-flight Services
Location: BOM, BLR only Reporting into: Base Manager
approx Salary: Negotiable (range 65 – 70 k per month including allowances)
The Chef on Board program:
It involves having a Chef on international flights, who would display his/her Flair, Charisma, Passion, Creativity and Presentation Skills that only a Chef can deliver. The other objective of introducing a chef on board is to have a chef who will interact with Guest, ascertain their feedback and present meals on demand. The Chef would be involved in preparation, plating and serving meals during in-flight service.
Only a chef knows that preparing menus is really a difficult task; hence a chef would interact with passengers, listen to their requirements, give his / her recommendations and then act accordingly to get the best results. Chefs will also be involved in creating in-flight menus for the future.
Why and how would this benefit a Chef?
It’s simple. If you have the flair, the burning desire to showcase your Art and Talent and love to be the direct point of contact to your guests, then that’s what you get when you become a Flying Chef. You have the unique opportunity to personalize guest requirements and achieve the highest level of guest and self satisfaction. The hospitality industry is fast growing in size and in diversity. It is this diversification that brings to fore an opportunity of this mega scale. This will unfold into the formation of an entire new genre of Culinarians.
It’s the beginning of another Culinary Revolution and this ones taking place Mid – Air!!!