|KeralaClick.com||Weight Loss Information ||
Water - How Important Is It In Our Daily Diet And With Weight Loss?
The importance of drinking water is mentioned in almost every article on weight loss. It is a very important fact that we need to drink water whether we are dieting or not. It is water that assists with the dissolving and transporting of nutrients such as oxygen and minerals to the organs of the body.
I know many people will say YUK to water but drinking other fluids may hydrate your body but you will need to consider the extra calories and sugar in them if trying to lose weight. Also it maybe time to learn to like to drink water due to the health benefits water provides. If water is not your thing, try flavouring it with a slice of lemon or start with mixing half apple/orange or cranberry juice with water.
Here are 8 reasons to drink 8 x 250ml glasses of water per day.
1. We need water to avoid dehydration. Dehydration can have devastating effects on our health and has been linked to constipation, headaches, dizziness, leg cramps and more?
2. Water helps rid the body of waste, by flushing out toxins from the fat cells. This process can eliminate problems with constipation.
3. Water helps the kidneys to function properly. When insufficient water is drunk the kidneys cannot work properly and this has an effect on our liver. It is the livers job to convert stored fat to energy. If the liver needs to do some of the work that the kidneys should be doing, than the liver can not work as it should do to metabolize fat and therefore the fat is stored rather than broken down and used as energy.
4. Water aids in the burning of fat. To burn fat the fat cells need to first be free of excess water and toxins. One reason you may not be losing weight is your not drinking enough water so your body holds on to what water it gets for survival. Our metabolic rate is the rate in which we burn calories. Water is required for this process to function at its best. Studies have shown that a decrease in water intake will cause fat deposits to increase, while an increase in water intake can actually reduce fat deposits
5. Water suppresses the appetite naturally. When your stomach is full of water, you'll feel full sooner. If you think you are hungry, drink a glass of water and wait 10 minutes before eating something as you may just be thirsty. (However water should not be substituted for food, still eat your 3 meals per day and 2-3 healthy snacks per day)
6. Enough water helps reduce water retention. To get rid of excess water, one has to consume more water. This is because if not enough water is drunk the body goes into survival mode and stores water in extra-cellular spaces. This can show up as swollen feet, legs, hands.
7. Water helps maintain proper muscle tone by giving muscles their natural ability to contract more effectively. Muscle tone will prevent the sagging skin that usually follows weight loss.
8. Water does wonders for your skin it leaves you with a clear, glowing complexion as impurities have been washed out of your system.
Suggested ways to include water in your daily diet are:
? Have a glass of water at every meal time. Breakfast, Mid-morning, Lunch, Mid-afternoon, Supper.
? Keep a water bottle full at your desk or if you're at home on the kitchen counter and reach for it to sip from throughout the day.
? Take a bottle of water with you in the car to sip when waiting in traffic.
? Drink water prior and after exercise. Naturally if you are exercising more water will be required than the daily recommended.
Once you have reached your weight loss goal continue to feed your body with water on a daily basis.
Angela Emde, Wellness Coach assisting others take small steps to a healthier life. http://www.slim4summer.com
could not open XML input