|KeralaClick.com||Weight Loss Information ||
Summer Dieting Tips
Cut the Calories, Bring Out the Bikini
Summer's almost here and you want to get into the swim of things, but the B word - bikini - has been blindsided once again by that C word - calories.
What can you do to get in shape at the last minute?
Adam Shafran, co-author of the new book "You Can't Lose Weight Alone The Partner Power Weight Loss Program," says it's never too late to start losing weight. Aside from diet and exercise, Shafran says it is important to have a partner or buddy who can be there for you through your thick and thin days and nights.
"Find someone - a friend, a partner, a husband, who you can be accountable to," he says. "Someone you can walk with, someone who won't let you down, someone who will be there to exercise with you and get you to exercise and someone who will weigh in with you every week."
Successful weight loss, he says, doesn't mean that you have to deprive yourself; it simply means that you have to watch yourself.
Shafran, a Georgia chiropractor who along with co-author Lee Kantor owns a personal fitness center, offers these non-fattening bite-size bits of advice for fitting into that itsy-bitsy bikini:
* Instead of drinking calories, eat them. Cut out sugar-based drinks like soda and juices and substitute water or dilute them with a shot of seltzer. Sodas have 200 to 400 calories, and Shafran says that if you can reduce your weekly calories by 3,500, you can lose a pound of fat. If you add exercise, it will be easy to meet the 3,500 goal because even if you only walk for 30 minutes a day, you burn about 300 calories or 2,100 per week. Add to that the 1,400 to 2,800 you'll save by drinking water, and you're on your way to slimness.
* Replace calorically dense foods with ones that aren't dense. Those breakfast bars may taste great and they may only be 200 calories, but you're hungry again almost before you eat the last bite. Salads, fruits and soups are better choices because they fill you up. And make your salad a meal, not a snack. Add hearts of palm, walnuts, chickpeas, olives, tuna, corn, peas and even shredded cheese to the lettuce and tomatoes so it's tasty and healthy. Juices are OK, but they won't give you the fiber to make you feel filled. "They won't help you cut calories," he says.
* Go light on salad dressings, which are calorically dense. Make your own with olive oil or canola oil. Measure them; don't pour them on.
* Take more time to eat, and you will feel filled. "Hunger goes away over time," Shafran says. "If you feel hungry, you may only be dehydrated. Wait five or 10 minutes and the hunger will go away."
* Eat several small meals spaced throughout the day instead of one big meal at night. "If you are hungry and don't eat, you will become ravenous and start eating everything in sight," Shafran says. "When you're at work, set a timer or an alarm on your watch that will beep every three to four hours to remind you to eat a snack. And make it fruit or nuts."
* It's easier to exercise at a gym than it is to work out at home. Gyms offer visual distractions - you can watch TV, you can watch people. "There's energy in gyms, there's music, there are things to take your mind off the boredom of exercising," Shafran says.
Joey Dweck is the founder of http://www.WeightLossBuddy.com, committed to helping you find a 24/7 buddy who will not only help you lose weight but who also will get you to change to a healthy lifestyle. You choose your own diet and your own exercise regime, and we find you a buddy who literally will stick with you through thick and thin. Signing up for a buddy is free. Simply go to http://www.WeightLossBuddy.com/article/ezi4.htm
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Fitness: Getting Started
It seems like everywhere you turn, there is someone trying to sell you some product or program to help you get in a great fitness level. There is so much hype that it seems hard to muddle through all the junk and find something that can actually be helpful to you.
Is There a New Fat Loss Miracle on the Horizon?
For the past several years one subject has been coming up quite often and has really started to be quite a hot topic. The subject is a fat known as CLA which stands for Conjugated Linoleic Acid.
Volumetrics Adverse Events - Two Potential Outcomes
Adverse Events with Volumetrics Dr. Barbara Rolls is a well respected nutritionist in the United States.
Can You Attain Weight Loss While Fasting?
Fasting, when done properly, can be a basic part of a solid weight loss plan. If done correctly it can be a great start to your new way of living.
The Mental Game Of Weight Loss
Many of us have tried losing weight in the past only to have it all find it's way back to us and then we notice it brought a few friends along.Then there's nothing left to do but feel frustrated, and suffer with our weight problem for another several months or years until we get sick and tired again of bering sick and tired and try once again to lose that unsightly weight.
The only absolute truth in the area of exercise and weight loss is this: Becoming more physically active will burn calories, and as long as you don't absorb those calories back by eating more, you will lose weight. Getting active and getting your muscles to burn more calories is an essential part of a weight management program.
The Perfect Diet Combined with a Healthy Weight Management
The perfect diet should be combined with a healthy weight management or activity program.Weight management may conjure up that dreaded "exercise" word.
Body Dysmorphia: Mind Games After Gastric Bypass Surgery
Maybe you've heard about body dysmorphia - it's a mental image many victims of anorexia nervosa have that tells them they look fat, even when they are emaciated. Bariatric patients can suffer from body dysmorphia as well.
Lost Weight with Gastric Bypass? Hints for Great After Pictures
I clearly remember how much I loathed having my picture taken when I was morbidly obese. Actually, I didn't mind having the picture taken, it was seeing the picture of the sad fat lady that bothered me.
5 Tips to Keep Your Mental Health in Shape as You Diet
Losing weight and going on a diet can be quite challenging! As someone who has lost over 50 pounds, I will share a bit of my "dieting wisdom" with you.1.
Lose Weight and Exercise Now - Or Face the Music Later!
My responsibility as a high profile fitness expert lies not in if you like me, or even if you buy my e books. My responsibility lies in giving you straight talk with no sugar coating it.
The Tao of Weight Watchers Part One
Weight Watchers inspired me to change my eating habits, lose weight, exercise and, indirectly, learn to cook healthy and incredibly delicious food.Now, I'm not affiliated in any way to the organisation, and I am not in their payroll.
Dieting? You Must Reset Your Weight-o-stat
You need to reset your weight-o-stat. No matter how much you exercise and diet, if you don't reset your weight-o-stat, you will often go back to your pre-set weight.
Obesity And Fast Foods - The Lethal Link
Obesity and fast foods - there's little doubt about the link. Obesity has reached epidemic proportions in the United states.
How 40,000 People Reversed Heart Disease
It is well known that about two-thirds of the U.S.
How I Lost 51 Pounds In 4 Months Using The Simplest Diet Plan In The World
Like many people I've been on dozens of diet plans over the years ranging from Atkins to South Beach to Weightwatchers to Jenny Craig and lots more besides. In fact, I've eaten enough cabbage soup to satisfy a small country! I'm 5 feet 10 and I used to weigh 230 pounds and needed to lose a good 50 pounds to get myself in some short of shape.
Safe and Permanent Weight Loss Cannot Be Achieved in the Fed State
Weight Loss Axiom Number ThreeInsulin and GlucagonThese are the two major hormones that control energy metabolism in the human. They are much like yin and yang, hot and cold or happy and sad.
Are You Controlled by the Urge to Splurge
I gotta confess: I'm completely addicted to crisps. Any kind is fine.
Obesity & Weight Management Is a Social Issue
Much has been written about obesity and globesity. Obesity is perhaps the biggest drain on any nations economic resources with a mind-boggling costs to which researchers are yet to put a final figure.
Healing Food Addiction
Hannah was distressed that, with all the inner work she had done on herself, she still found herself binge eating."There are times when I just can't stop eating.
|© KeralaClick.com 2006|