|KeralaClick.com||Weight Loss Information ||
How to Shed Pounds Fast!
Very few Americans are satisfied with their current weights. There are too many good tasting, high-calorie foods, and too few hours available to burn the fat. It can be done easily, and here are the best ways to do it. Remember, weight-loss is best approved by a physician, especially if there are any medical concerns such as high blood pressure, elevated cholesterol, cardiovascular problems, etc.
1. Increase cardio workouts. If you're in shape and have no critical health concerns, perform an aerobic workout every day of the week. To burn fat, a person needs to work at a certain level and cardiovascular exercise is the answer.
Don't put pressure on yourself with an unrealistic goal, like losing the 20 pounds in a week. Unless you have excessive water weight or are already excessively overweight, you won't likely drop it that fast.
Aerobic exercise, such as running or biking outdoors, or on indoor machines such as the treadmill, stair stepper, stationery bicycle, etc., keeps your heart rate at a certain level. Sports such as tennis racquetball and basketball, though rigorous, aren't really aerobic because they are stop-and-start activities.
If you exercise at a very high level, you burn glucose, but if you exercise at the right level, then you burn fat. The ideal target range is 70 to 85 percent of your maximum heart rate.
2. Eat a large, healthy breakfast and lunch and smaller dinner. Your body wont be trying to metabolize large amounts of food at night, during its dormant time while you sleep. You expend energy during the primary time that you're taking it in. Keep it low fat, but take in most of the quantity in the morning and afternoon.
3. Interval training. Combine aerobic and anaerobic workouts. Perform one or two sets of strength training press, curls, squats, etc. then one minute of jumping rope or fast sprints. The whole purpose of this cycle is to allow your body to have enough oxygen to really burn fat efficiently.
A high intake of oxygen is needed in order to metabolize body fat and burn it. Anaerobic or strength training does not really do much for body fat, but if you combine the two (anaerobic plus aerobic) you get excellent results. This type of workout should be at least 30 minutes, but not more than 45 minutes, and you should be stretched-out, warmed up and limber before you begin.
Cardio exercise on the exercise bicycle for weight loss is not recommended because the seat carries part of your weight and a person is supposed to carry his or her own body weight for optimum results.
4. Give yourself strength with enough sleep. Get eight hours of good sleep every night. If you can, rest during the day when you get tired. Some people think they increase their energy with coffee, which is an appetite stimulant.
Then you eat more. You can make your body feel good in ways other than eating, and appropriate sleep is very important. A positive feeling toward life is another. Work at being happy and content. It makes you feel less deprived if you give up fattening foods.
5. Don't follow fad diets: make eating right an ongoing priority. With diets that focus on one food group at the expense of another, you're going to suffer an imbalance of nutrition. Metabolism goes down, craving for food may go up, and all kinds of things go on that give you less control over eating.
6. Cut calories while not slowing down your metabolism. Increase your exercise by a little more and make a slight adjustment to your calorie intake, but not a large one, because you do not want to throw your metabolism out of sync. Reduce your fat intake by 10 to 15 percent less fat per day to begin. Fast exercise burns more fat.
7. Divert yourself at times of craving. Curbing your eating behavior at the times you're most likely to eat bad foods can involve physical activity, though that doest work for some people. You can do a reduced level of physical activity. Get out of the house and take a walk. Listen to music. Read a good book, but do something to take your mind off unhealthy food!
8. Drink a lot of water. Water helps you feel full, and is needed for flushing out your system. If you think fruit juices, coffee or soft drinks count as eight glasses of water a day, they don't. Fruit juices, though beneficial in other ways, are higher in calories. Eight cups of caffeinated coffee is a poor substitute for water because you'll be feeling unhealthy effects of the caffeine. Soft drinks either contain sugar or artificial sweeteners. Sugar gives you useless calories, and too many artificial sweeteners causes headaches. There's no substitute for good, clean refreshing water!
9. Eat more fiber. Physicians and health experts advise that our bodies are biologically designed for survival and reproduction. Taste buds give us the full flavor of food so that we want to eat and survive. It follows that if your stomach is growling constantly, your mind is sending signals to eat.
Fill up with low-fat fiber like brown rice, cereals, fat-free rice cakes, soy chips and other food that will give you that full feeling. Otherwise, you're fighting your own mind. Be sure to count how many calories you're ingesting when you go for more fiber. Fat-free food doest mean it will never create fat on you; too many calories, even if they are fat-free, can still pack on the pounds.
10. Consider proper support. Besides supportive people, like those found in Weight Watchers and other weight-loss support groups, you might consider subliminal weight-loss tapes. Or even hypnosis. If done properly, hypnosis has been known to help people lose their desire to overeat.
Reduce lifestyle barriers that make weight-loss difficult. This is the real world; consider your own lifestyle, and how that is going to help you. Beware how it will hinder you, too. Do you feel hounded by fat-laden vending machines at work? Do you dislike the gym because you rather be home? Does your mother make you a pan of lasagna every week? Plan ahead for the demons in your life that will try to put those pounds back on
Roger Jirves is an authorized dealer of the Vitamin Power line natural vitamins, minerals, and nutritional supplements!
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Burn Fat Not Sugar!
You are going to be pleasantly surprised! Most people think that in order to lose weight you have to do strenuous exercise, continuously, and lots of it! Well, Guess what? NOT TRUE!I know you are thinking? That's crazy! It doesn't make any sense! I thought the same thing, when I first heard this. But it all comes down to understanding how your body works.
Why Breakfast is Good for You
The Secret Meaning Of Compulsive Eating Behaviors
Food is not simply fuel to keep you going. Nor is it the enemy, out to turn your body into an ugly fat mass or clog up your arteries.
Want Permanent Weight Loss Results? Healthy Eating is the Key
The confusion about eating healthy and dieting will now be cleared up, all in one easy sentence. Are you ready? Everyone is different.
Lose Weight - Diet Tips For Fast Weight Loss
Looking to lose weight quickly? The good news is that it's possible. The bad news is that fad diets and quick fixes have a tendency to not last.
The Jack LaLanne Diet - Are You Tough Enough?
There's no way you can separate the Jack LaLanne diet from the Jack LaLanne lifestyle. And anyone who knows anything about this undisputed Godfather of fitness knows that his lifestyle is definitely not for the faint hearted.
Obesity Shortens Life Expectancy
Steady gains made in improvement in life expectancy may be brought to naught by the increasing waistlines in America. Obesity has become a killer disease and shortening the life expectancy of Americans.
For Effective Weight Loss - Curb Hunger And Avoid The Binge
Curb Hunger and Avoid The Costly BingeEveryone's been there - you miss a meal or you are getting used to a lower calorie phase of your nutrition plan when the munchies hit. You grab the nearest and quickest food available - usually a high carb snack food - and you chow down.
Three Sure-Fire Ways To Lose Weight Get Healthier & Feel Great Without Dieting
--ONE--Learn how to reduce the fat, sugar and salt content of your food and to enjoy fruit and vegetables. Use the nutrition guides on pre-packaged food to decide whether or not that product is best for you or your family.
Acupuncture Weight Loss? Plus 5 Step Weight Loss Plan
I remember back in my senior year of high school - my best friend since 5th grade was living in France. He wrote that they didn't like Americans much.
How To Avoid Common Diet Scams
As our country gains weight at an alarming rate, we are spending more each year on products that promise us easy, effortless weight loss. Each year in the United States, an estimated 35 billion dollars is spent each year on weight loss products.
Heading Off Winter Weight Gain Before it Gets Started
Must We Gain Weight Every WinterIt's that time of year we all start thinking about putting on a healthy layer of fat, just like the hibernating bears. From a nip in the air to a massive snow and ice storm, there is a palpable difference in the air.
A Full Scale War
It happens every morning when you mosey out of bed, somewhere between the time you take off that robe and the instant you step into the shower. For others, it happens immediately after a workout, as soon as you peel off those sweaty clothes and stand aimlessly in your birthday suit.
The Secrets Behind Successful Diet Tips Explained
Digestion is a chemical process. Our body combines different types of foods in our stomach using chemical reactions.
How The Motto Be Prepared Can Help You Lose Weight
Be Prepared. For the Boy Scouts it means you are always ready in body and mind to do your duty.
Hydrate to Lose Weight: The Real Skinny On Water Retention and Sodium
If you've been scouring the news, devouring as much information as possible regarding weight loss, you've likely heard all the buzz about the relationship between weight loss and drinking water. It has been well documented that the liver is able to metabolize more fat if you help out your kidneys by drinking plenty of water each day.
Successful WLS Patients Make Right Their Nutritional Wellness
It seems there are two schools of behavior patients follow after gastric bypass surgery:The first are the patients who realize WLS is a second chance to make right their nutritional wellness and they exchange the eating habits and poor food choices that made them obese for a smarter way of eating. These patients become champions of healthy ingredients and wholesome eating making conscious choices for how they fuel their bodies.
Obesity and Weight Loss Surgery
Let's face facts; obesity is ripe today in America and rising on a global scale in western civilisation - where are we going wrong. Being a health and fitness nut I would simply recommend eating a balanced diet and exercise often, but you've heard all that before, and it doesn't work for you, right? That's ok, losing weight is tough, especially for those who some doctors would class as morbidly obese, which are those people who weight 50-100% their ideal body weight.
7 Keys for Reducing Calories While Eating Out
Here are seven tips for getting the calories out of restaurant meals while still ordering your favorites.1.
Dieting While Partying!
It's really difficult for a person to socialise if he is on a Diet. Totally ignoring parties and invitation is definitely not a solution.
|© KeralaClick.com 2006|