|KeralaClick.com||Weight Loss Information ||
Weight Loss Pills: Miracle Drugs or Money Wasters?
Losing weight is a lifelong commitment. It takes patience and self-discipline to stick with a weight loss program and wait for the end results. Many people want to find the magic shortcut that will make the process just a little shorter and less difficult. Many over-the-counter and prescription pills are purchased for just this purpose. They are available from pharmacies, natural health food stores, and even online. But are these weight loss pills the miracle drugs they claim to be? Or are they just a waste of money?
How Does A Weight Loss Pill Work?
Prescription weight loss pills work in one of three ways. Most of the pills on the market simply suppress the appetite and help you eat less. Others aim to increase your feeling of fullness after eating. Some of the newest weight loss pills on the market work by inhibiting the absorption of fat. Over the counter weight loss pills usually contain a stimulant that helps to decrease your appetite. The only complete weight management system which I approve of is the "Slimirex?" system.
Who Should Take Weight Loss Pills?
Weight loss pills are most often recommended for people who are medically obese?people whose weight is causing serious health concerns. Even with weight loss pills, the treatment of obesity involves exercise, counseling, dietary changes, and behavioral modifications. But weight loss pills are not only used by obese people. They are also sought after by people who want a quicker way to achieve the weight goals they have set for themselves. As long as men and women continue to compare themselves to the select few beautiful, skinny models on TV screens and magazine pages, there will be a strong market for weight loss pills.
Could Weight Loss Pills Be Dangerous?
Weight loss pills are a medication just like any other type of drug. You need to be very careful about the ingredients of any medication that you place in your body.
ALWAYS Consult Your Doctor
Work in consultation with your natural health care provider if you decide to try a over the counter weight loss pill to help you lose weight. Your doctor can assess your overall weight management goals and he or she can help you monitor the success or side effects of the medication. Be very cautious about the weight loss pill you decide to try. Try visiting www.weightlossobesity.com for general information and recommendations.
Know Your Source
Weight loss pills purchased over the internet may be coming from the garage of a t-shirt salesman (this actually happened!) If you decide to buy your weight loss pills online, make sure you research the company you are buying from so that you can be sure they send you the appropriate supplementation.
Read the Ingredients Some weight loss pills contain the ingredient ephedra (also known as ephedrine and ma huang.) This stimulant has recently come under a lot of scrutiny from the Food and Drug Administration for its links to illness and side effects. Ephedra has been shown to cause heart attacks, seizures and strokes. It is a powerful and dangerous stimulant that can damage the central nervous system and the heart. The most complete system available is the Slimirex system scheduled for release in April 2005.
Watch Out For Dependency
Weight loss pills that contain amphetamine or other stimulants may cause withdrawal symptoms when you decide to discontinue the medication. You may become addicted to these types of pills and be unable to stop taking them. The long term use of weight loss pills may increase your chances of developing serious side effects. Stimulant based weight loss pills can cause Adrenal Burnout Syndrome, which can take years to fix.
The Bottom Line On Weight Loss Pills
1. ALWAYS check with your health care provider. Make sure he or she knows which pill you are going to try and arrange for your progress to be monitored.
2. If your doctor prescribes a weight loss pill for you, make sure you follow the instructions he or she gives you. If you decide to purchase an over the counter weight loss pill, be sure to use Slimirex. DO NOT OVERDOSE to try and gain faster results.
3. Use weight loss pills (Slimirex) in combination with behavioral modifications, dietary changes, and an exercise program to ensure that if you do achieve weight loss results with the pill, you will be able to discontinue their use without hampering your progress.
4. Monitor yourself carefully while you take the weight loss pill. Record your progress as well as any side effects you may be feeling. And be sure to report both to your health care provider.
5. Unless your doctor advises you differently, plan to take the weight loss pill for a maximum of six to eight weeks. These products are not meant for long term usage and side effects can occur.
6. If you are not losing weight, stop taking the weight loss pills. Consult with your health care provider on any lifestyle or medication changes you can incorporate to achieve results.
To learn more visit http://www.weightlossobesity.com.
To order Slimirex visit http://www.slimirex.com.
Dr. Group, the founder/CEO and clinical director for the Global Healing Center, heads a research and development team producing advanced, new, natural health protocols and products. To learn more visit http://www.ghchealth.com.
could not open XML input