|Top Quick Tips|
11 Things Small Business Owners Can Learn From Michael Dell
1. Think Big ? In college, Michael Dell said he wanted to "beat IBM." While you may not desire to take your small business to such heights, be sure not to limit what you might achieve.
2. Draw Your Own Map ? Michael Dell, Steve Jobs, Richard Branson?each took a different approach to doing better what someone else was doing. Blaze your own trail to success.
3. Learn From Mistakes ? Every company makes big ones ? including Dell ? and the best use mistakes as opportunities to grow and improve their people, products and services.
4. Simplify ? Great leaders have a great ability to break big things into small parts. Share your vision and the steps for getting there with your small business team?in language they understand.
5. Read ? Michael Dell said, "Just work to understand the world around you. Read books. Read websites. Read other people...then build a vision of how it could all be better?"
6. Open New Doors ? Dell continues to innovate?offering cameras, printers, MP3 players, TVs and other electronics. Look for ways to increase what you provide current and future customers.
7. Cultivate Relationships ? "There's no such thing as a self-made success," Michael Dell said. The best opportunity you have to grow your small business is by widening your network.
8. Seek Harmony ? Michael Dell is married with four children, and, when asked about his legacy, said, "That this is a guy who was a great dad and a great husband."
9. Strategize ? With 40,000 employees, Michael Dell admits his ability to impact any other area besides strategy is relatively small. Take time to think about the direction of your small business, because no one knows how to get there better than you.
10. It's All About Winning ? Not about victory over opponents, Michael Dell said; it's about winning the "contest with your own potential" to achieve all you can in life.
11. Don't Be The Smartest Person In The Room ? "And if you are, I suggest you invite smarter people?or find a different room," said Michael Dell. Surround yourself with talented people.
Copyright © 2005 by Success Handler, LLC. All rights reserved.
The Coach, David Handler, is the founder of Success Handler, (http://www.successhandler.com), and specializes in helping small business leaders find clarity and take action. He understands the challenges of running a business, because he's been there ? as a small business owner, franchisee, franchisor, corporate leader and trainer. Much like sports coaches, his coaching will show you how to compete on a level playing field in your industry.
10 Dos and Donts Of Customer Services
Email etiquette is the key to help calm down anxious and impatient customers. People assume that once they press the "send" button that we will get everything sorted out in an instant! Of course we all know that this is not an accurate representation of how things work. However, you should prepare yourself for the occasional hot tempered emails, regardless of whether their comments are unreasonable or not.
Top 7 Ways to Profit from Foreign Trade
Here are seven excellent ways to earn income from international trade.
10 Reasons to Use Online Banking
With today's technology and people's need for more information it is no wonder that online banking is growing as one of the most popular uses of the internet. Here we have listed the 10 biggest benefits to start using online banking.
Top Ten Tips for Participating in Online Business Expos
Are you ready for a BASH? Have you ever been a vendor or exhibitor at an expo, craft show or other offline event? Well, when you are a participant in an online bash or online expo - many of the same expo tips apply. Here are the Top Ten essential business expo tips for online events.
The Benefits Of Helping An Online Business Newbie
Do your remember when you first ventured out in the online business world? You probably had questions and problems along the way. Wouldn't it have been easier if you had help? When a newbie asks for your advice, educate them; answer their questions and help them solve their online business problems. If you do not have the knowledge to help them out, point them in the right direction. You'll get many benefits from helping online business newbies. Below are eight possible benefits you could receive:
Shaking Your Money Tree: Seven Ways to Make Quick Cash
Does your business have a money tree you can shake when a little extra cash is needed? Every business should have one!
Top 7 Reasons You Should Back Up Your Data Online!
How much is your data worth to you? In this modern electronic-age we rely more than ever on our computers to supply us with the information we need. Chances are every piece of data you might ever rely on to make an important decision has been reduced to a digital format and resides somewhere on your computer's hard drive. Improved functionality and productivity are the benefits, however, on the flipside, one wrong click, one nasty virus, one untimely power surge or unhappy employee and that data is gone forever!
Top Ten Reasons to Write a Sales Letter for Each Product? - Part 2
Authors/publishers are great at getting their books written. Entrepreneurs know their products. But after the initial one-year honeymoon, sales slow down. To counter this make sure your ebook, product, or service you offer will keep on selling from the first day, the first year, even for life. Write a short sales letter for each product or ebook.
Ten Ways to Strengthen Your Reading Habit
Most people wish they read more. It is an activity that is both fun and enlightening. It can help us be more knowledgeable and successful. However, it is an activity that many people don't engage in very much. According to the 1999 National Household Education Survey, 50% of the U.S. population aged 25 and over read a newspaper at least once a week, read one or more magazines regularly, and had read a book in the past 6 months. What does this mean? It means that 50% of the population hasn't read a book in the last six months!
Seven Ways to Get the Most Out of the Next Training You Attend
Sometime soon you will be attending some training. It may be a one hour tele-seminar, a one day class, professional conference, or a weekend retreat. It may be something that you are paying for, or it may be something your organization is investing in. Whether you are paying the bill or not, you are making a significant investment of your time, energy and attention to participate.
The Top 10 Reasons Your Staff Wants to Quit
From an employee's perspective, management often conducts itself in ways that make no sense. When the economy is slow, jobs are few and far in between or people are fearful, staff will tolerate management behaviors and policies that are nonsensical (in their eyes) or they judge are harmful.
Managing Your Major Sales - 7 Steps That Could Change The Way You Pursue Business
Ever lost a sale you thought was in the bag? Not an unfamiliar feeling for many businesses large and small. No matter how good you think your product or service is, everything finally boils down to your ability to convince others that it is good for them. It is all about getting the decision makers who matter to say "Yes".
Checklist for Hiring a Private Investigator
Looking for an old friend? Want to know if your spouse is cheating? Need to check out a potential tenant or employee?
Top 7 Business Tips For Small Business Starters For Online Business
1.) Brainstorming for an idea - You must select what interests you in any field and put together 5 to 7 possible ideas that seem viable as a source of income.
The 7 Keys to Business Success
Do you run a business that seems to run you? It does not have to be this way. There are 7 keys that can improve your business results and help you achieve success with much less stress.
7 Ways To Make A GREAT First Impression!
1. Focus on the other Being known as a 'natural' at interpersonal communication is not just a gift that a select few enjoy. We can all enjoy the reputation of being 'a great communicator'.
Top 10 Ways to Use Quotations to Be Healthier, Happier and More Productive!
Most people have at least one favorite quotation from a famous or not-so-famous person. Some people collect them like baseball cards, figurines or classic cars. You can find hundreds of websites featuring quotations, thousands of sites with a favorite quotes page, and many collections in any bookstore you walk into. All of this proves that quotations are popular. What may be less evident to you is exactly how you can use them to improve you life and your results.
Top 10 Ways to Start a Business For Less Than $500
We've heard numerous success stories of Internet entrepreneurs like Jeff Bezos, who started Amazon.com from his garage, using cheap plywood to construct desks. There are scores of others and they never fail to make new entrepreneurs feel a little overwhelmed or dare I say, jealous. Well not every business has the moneymaking potential of some of these successful businesses but it's no reason for you not to have a profitable business of your own. After you read this article you'll never have to ask again, "I'm barely making ends meet. How can I start a business? "
Why Dont They Just Get It Done: 7 Performance Tactics for CEOs
Buckling under the weight of chronic corporate restructuring, and frustrated by performers who don't respond to carefully crafted strategic plans, high level executive leaders are being confronted by a growing performance gap between what needs to get done and what gets done.
7 Reasons You ARE Your Own Best Product, or Lessons From the 2004 Presidential Election
The 2004 election is over--at least in the minds of the public--and analysis runs rampant as to why Senator John Kerry lost. From a business viewpoint, one could say that he simply didn't sell the product. Or more accurately, he didn't sell the American voters on himself, and by extension the Democratic Party, as the product. We all remember phrases such as "This is the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time" and "I voted for the invasion of Iraq before I voted against it."
|home | site map|