|Stress Management Information|
7 Unique Stress Relievers
Too much driving, too much shopping, too much rushing around, running the kids around. Do family and work demands have you stressed out?
There are many ways to help you control stress. Here are some unique methods I've collected.
1. Yell! But---be sure you are alone. The best place is in the car with the windows up. Stuck in traffic? Try it.
2. Sing. This is close to the first one. Lots of people swear by the power of music to release tension and stress. Sing wherever you feel comfortable. It doesn't matter what. Just have some fun with it! I have done this on all jobs I've had. Then I started dancing. Why not! People thought I was crazy, but it works.
3. Do something soothing. Start or try a activity like knitting, crochet, pottery making. Don't worry about being good at it. It's the process that's beneficial. Sitting still while performing repetitive movements is calming and stabilizing for many people. It can be time to collect your thoughts.
4. Start a garden. Even apartment-dwellers can do this. Inside in pots, pots on the patio, pots, a small spot in your yard. There is a little work to setting it up. Tending plants, fruits, vegetables, flowers and watching them grow, bloom, or yield food is rewarding. Avid gardeners say working a garden is the best way
to control stress and worry. An added benefit is the creation of a more beautiful, restful environment.
5. Play with a dog or cat. Experts say Pet owners have longer lives and fewer stress symptoms than non-pet owners. Playing with your pet provides good vibrations. It's a form of social interaction with no pressure to meet anyone's expectations!
6. Gaze at the stars. Many times I have gazed up at the stars off my patio. Preferably in a still, dark, and quiet area, sit back and observe the heavens. The vastness of space is awesome. This way can make a lot of problems seem very small.
7. Discover how you can recognize too much stress before it explodes here: http://www.faceuptoit-youcan.com/sanpaku.html
If stress is not relieved it can be very dangerous to your health and can explode into violent behavior.
Kathy Thompson, Wellness Coach, can help you lead a happier healthy life, with products, programs, profiles. With 8 years of teaching and 15 years in Toastmasters, Kathy Thompson really enjoys writing and speaking. She has a B. S. in Business Communications and has taught her programs around the country at various businesses and Adult Education Centers.
She writes and speaks about Health, Personal Communications (writing & speaking), and her unique specialty of "Face Reading" has brought her plenty of media attention. Kathy's goal is to help you be all you can be and reach your potential.
10 Symptoms of Workplace Stress
It is no secret that stress and related disorders are the most frequent cause of employee disability (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health). As far back as 1992, a United Nations report called job stress a "world wide epidemic.
Living on the Edge: Stressed Out and Nowhere to Go
Is your stress level higher than it should be? Are you struggling with changes in life that you neither anticipated nor caused? If so, keep reading! Most of us carry far more stress than did our parents and grandparents. Life seems more complicated than ever. Nothing is certain, reality is artificially produced, and fantasy is real. No wonder we're confused!
Generalized Anxiety Disorder - Do You Worry All The Time?
Do you worry all the time?
Stress Managment and Mastery: Too Much to Do Stress - Write it Down, Break it Down, Knock it Down
"I've got too much to do, I've just got too much to do!"
5 Easy Ways to Pamper Yourself
Life is so busy and as mothers we spend so much time tending to the needs of others and pampering others that we sometimes neglect to pamper ourselves.
Have you ever said the words, "This job/my life is so stressful!" Or something else along those lines?
Reduce Stress and Increase Energy with Your Point of View!
Defending your point of view can use up a lot of your precious energy. As much as 90% of our available energy can be used in this way.
Unmanaged Stress Kills and Ruins Lives! Sit a Bit
When I pay attention, I clearly see the arresting ways God works in my life. Often people I meet in my programs (or elsewhere) give me such profound, relevant messages I know the hand of God is at work and it is to my peril to ignore such directives. Two such recent encounters helped release me from the bondage of undue stress.
Balancing Acts: Keeping Work and Life in Equilibrium
In the fast-paced world that we live in today, it seems as though it's hard to find enough time to do everything that needs to be done. Days at work are long, but too often don't seem to be long enough? we bring home what we can't finish and end up creating highly stressful situations for those around us. Even worse, it seems like medical science is constantly finding new problems that are caused by overworking and the stress that results from it. If only there were some way to reduce the effects of this stress and make life more work-friendly (and vice versa)?
Are You Soakin? It Up?
?And holding it way down inside you like an old sponge? Be careful. Just like an old sponge that's held its liquid a little too long, we may start to get stinky in a day or two. I'm referring to "soaking up" all that wonderful information that comes to us mainly through our televisions, radios and computers. Information that is then refortified and nourished through conversations with our friends or relatives.
Stress Relief for Busy Business People - 11 Easy Ways
Make stress less of an issue for you in your work and life, by trying out one or more of these ideas - the list is not exhaustive! Seek out more and share!
Need To Stop Worrying?
I once worked with a woman whose zest,joy and enthusiasm lit up the room [and it was a big office!]
Entertaining Without Stress
Let's face it. If you are stressed, agitated and flitting about, your guests will be uncomfortable and won't be able to relax. Here is an easy test of how well you are doing. How many times do your guests ask if there is anything they can do to help? It is reasonable that guests may ask when they first arrive but if you hear the question over and over again, you are doing something wrong.
An ADD Case Study: When the Pace Picks Up, Learn to Slow Down
The fall season signals a shift in most people's minds. The summer is coming to a close, and it's back to school, work, and the other things that we haven't put as much effort into since Memorial Day. Many ADDers welcome this shift, as boredom sets in around August and we long for something bigger to keep us occupied. But while the opportunity to dive into new projects and situations is exciting, it can also become quickly overwhelming.
Stress Managment and Mastery: Break the Rules!
Of all the sources of stress in our lives, faulty emotional rules are one of the most debilitating. These faulty emotional rules are typically ingrained during childhood and become a part of how we live. Because they are largely unquestioned, we rarely stop and consider how they might be influencing our lives. If unchecked, these rules can even run our lives.
Slow Down, You Move Too Fast
"Slow down, you move too fast, you've got to make the [moment] last!"
Stop Yourself Reacting To Other People When They Push Your Buttons
We all know what it feels like to have our buttons pushed. Something happens, that seems to take us over, every muscle in our body tightens up and we turn into somebody no one wants to be around.
Overwhelm: Love It or Leave It!
Amazing thing, overwhelm!
Sometimes C.O.P.I.N.G Is All We Can Do
We strive for excellence in our lives, going at full throttle, but sometimes we are faced with a situation where all we do is "hurry up and wait".
Stress Busting Strategies
Learn to have healthy relationships:
|home | site map|