|Stress Management Information|
Balancing Acts: Keeping Work and Life in Equilibrium
In the fast-paced world that we live in today, it seems as though it's hard to find enough time to do everything that needs to be done. Days at work are long, but too often don't seem to be long enough? we bring home what we can't finish and end up creating highly stressful situations for those around us. Even worse, it seems like medical science is constantly finding new problems that are caused by overworking and the stress that results from it. If only there were some way to reduce the effects of this stress and make life more work-friendly (and vice versa)?
Luckily, there are ways to negate the harmful effects of working too much? balancing life and work in a way that makes everything more harmonious. It can take a little getting used to at first, especially if you're a "Type A" personality that is used to pushing and driving on to finish the project or complete the proposal.
Counteracting the Negative Effects of Stress
Of course, just because you work long hours every day or put in a lot of overtime doesn't mean that you're doomed to be done in before your time by stress. There are a lot of methods that can be used to counteract the harmful effects of work-related stress and increase both your quality of life and the free time that you have available. The key to living a long and fruitful life is to learn to balance your life and your work, so that what time you have available to yourself is spent in the most enjoyable ways possible. Below are several ways that you can either decrease the harm that stress causes or free up more time for yourself (which in itself can decrease stress in your life.)
· Pets ? Studies have shown that the simple act of petting a dog or cat can cause immediate and significant reductions in stress. Our animal friends have other stress-relieving benefits, as well? for instance, the sound of a cat's purr is an excellent stress reliever, as is the act of playing with a dog or watching fish swim in a tank. Research has also shown that pet owners tend to live five to ten years longer on average than those people who don't own pets.
· Schedule Family Time ? Setting aside a specific time to spend with your family is a great way to reduce stress and make the most of the free time that you have. Ideas such as planning a "Family Game Night" or taking a weekly picnic to the park are gaining in popularity in many areas, and have been shown to not only reduce stress but also produce children who are more social and less likely to misbehave in adulthood. If you're not married or don't have any children, you don't have to miss out? schedule time to spend with siblings or friends, just to enjoy each other's company.
· Read ? Set aside a little time each night to read. What you read doesn't really matter? it can be a tabloid, a magazine, or a novel. The important thing is that you're reading something because you want to do it instead of because you have to, and the act of reading for enjoyment tends to occupy your mind and release some of the pent-up frustrations and stresses of the day. As an added bonus, reading can increase your vocabulary, your reasoning skills, and your overall intelligence and outlook on life.
· Invest in a Filing Cabinet ? It may not seem like much, but being organized can actually be a great stress reliever. File away pay stubs, tax returns, business receipts, and bills so that they're easy to locate should you need them. Not only will this save you time should these records become needed, but the act of organizing can have a calming effect on the mind and reduce stress.
· Lifestyle Management ? Lifestyle management is a growing trend that can greatly increase the amount of free time that you have. Lifestyle management agencies can perform a number of services for you so that you don't have to, from running errands and paying bills to scheduling appointments and performing household tasks. Lifestyle management providers may perform different tasks than the ones listed, so be sure to find out what services an individual provider offers.
· Take a Vacation ? One of the best ways to counteract the harmful effects of working too much is to take time away from work. Even taking a single week's vacation once a year can increase your life expectancy, give you a more positive outlook, and generally make your quality of life much better than it was previously. Just make sure that you follow the cardinal rule of taking a vacation, whether you go on a trip or just stay at home: when you're away from work, leave work behind and enjoy yourself.
Call the Butler is an innovative new lifestyle management company operating in and around Central Scotland. Too much too do and not enough time to do it? Why not Call the Butler?
Call the Butler: http://www.callthebutler.co.uk
Seven Simple Steps to a Stress-Free Start
Most of us lead busy lives, trying to successfully juggle the responsibilities of home and work and personal interests into one cohesive happy life. There is nothing that could better start your busy day than having a smooth stress-free morning. You know the ones where no one raises their voice; no one has to search the bottom of a laundry basket for a matching sock; no one is in a frenzy to get out the door on time.
Why Stress Management Programmes Don?t Work
Why Stress Management programmes don't work?
Just Moved -- and Miserable!
Q. Help! I moved from the Dallas to Denver. I keep writing my friends back in Dallas, but they won't answer. Aren't they rude?
20 Ways to Shift Worry Into Attractive Energy
Worry, big or small blocks positive vibrations from entering your realm. The longer the behavior, the deeper the roots, the harder to override. Staying in its merry-go-round places the person in a form of trance. And like all trances, the person in the trance isn't aware that they are there. If told they are in a trance, they would simply deny it.
The Top Seven Causes Of Workplace Stress And Fifteen Ways To Get Rid Of Them
Anyone who has ever worked knows that stress is part of the workplace. Stress in itself is not bad, in fact, we can't live without it. Applying the correct amount of stress hardens our muscles, sharpens our minds, and strengthens our spirits. It is when we move from this "good" type of stress into distress that things begin to go wrong. The fact is, most people who work are feeling pressure from things going on both inside the workplace and outside the workplace. Let's explore?
Dont Be a Worry Wort!
Everyone worries. As bothersome as it is, worry isn't all bad, and can actually work for you. Worry can give you a jolt of energy, spark your creative thinking, and help you to meet deadlines. The trick is to keep worry under control and these tips will help you do that.
Those Deceiving Emotions
Deceiving? You bet they are. How? Without your even knowing it, the effects of anger, frustration, and resentment can take a toll on your life. Chances are, it's happening right now. But most people are not - no, correction, do not want to be intuitive enough to figure out what's going on. The reason? It takes a certain amount of self study - it may sound a bit ludicrous, but the truth is the vast majority of people don't want to take a good hard look at theire inner selves. It's unfortunate, too, because the reward for doing so are fantastic, it's inexplainable. There is nothing like self honesty - when you really decide to know the real you, you've taken a serious step. After the decision must come action.
Stress Management and Mastery: Watch Your Language
"Watch your language."
Stress Management and Mastery: 5 Tips for Positive Anger Management
A grandfather, whose grandson came to him angry at a schoolmate who had done him an injustice, said,
Tame Your Work Stress
Work stress has become a major problem today. The nature of work is changing at whirlwind speed. Now more than ever before, job stress poses a threat to your health.
Coping with Change: Develop Your Personal Strategy
Why do we resist change? As the saying goes, the only people who like change are busy cashiers and wet babies. We find change disorienting, creating within us an anxiety similar to culture shock, the unease visitors to an alien land feel because of the absence of the familiar cues they took for granted back home. With an established routine, we don't have to think! And thinking is hard work.
Breathe Out Negativity And Stress!
If you have never tried combining your breathing exercises with the use of colours I highly recommend you begin.
Discover The Wisdom of Letting Go
When a great Zen Master returned to his country after many years of studying abroad the people asked what he brought with him. He said, "I've come with nothing but empty hands."
Practical Ways to Bring Enchantment into Your Life
THE ENCHANTED SELF® teaches you how to access positive states of well being again and again. These positive states are unique to you and often reflect your interests, talents, and potential. I thought it would be fun to finally share with you some activities useful in helping you get in touch with your Enchanted Self. I hope you enjoy them and will let me know how they worked out by writing to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stress Relief for Busy Business People - 11 Easy Ways
Make stress less of an issue for you in your work and life, by trying out one or more of these ideas - the list is not exhaustive! Seek out more and share!
Seven Steps to Reducing Stress and Reclaiming Your Life at Work
According to the StressPulse survey by ComPsych Corporation completed at the end of 2003 and is still valid today:
5 Stepst to Stress-Guard Your Family
Part 1: Recognize the importance of family stress management
How To Eliminate Or Manage Stress
Are you a "worry wart?" Is that term familiar to you? It is to me but it's been a long time since I've heard it used. I do remember people telling me years ago when something was really bothering me and they would say, "Oh! you are a just a real "worry wart".
Stress Management: 4 Steps to Massive Stress Relief by Having Fun
Over the years I've collected scores of comics and cartoons about marriage, families, stress and change. There is just something about a good comic strip that can many times explain something much better than I can.
Secrets to Aromatherapy II - Psychological Complaints
Aromatherapy is very therapeutic when it comes to healing emotional and psychological conditions. This is because the essential oils from plants contain all kinds of compounds, phytoestrogens and phytochemicals that have the ability to subtly alter brain chemistry for the better.
|home | site map|