|Small Business Information|
Top 10 Lessons for Small Business Success - As learned From My Twin 3 Year Olds
Small business success is very similar to learning to walk, talk and spell. The basics have to be understood before moving on to the next step. I am blessed to have twin 3 year old girls in my life and am amazed constantly how much I learn from them on a daily basis. As I watch them run around and explore, I find myself realizing just how much my observations apply to being successful and happy in life and in business.
So take heart in the following tips ? they may come from little people but they have the power of giants. To your happiness and your success !
1. No matter how small you are you can change lots of lives - your goal for starting your business should be to change lives in one way or another. Remember this in everything you do - how can I change my customers lives ?
2. Climb that wall - no matter how big the wall is - persistence pays off in the end. Never give up on your dreams and keep on trying.
3. Times when you appear small and frail are when you can surprise everyone with your hidden strengths. Everyone in business pays attention to what the big boys are doing and how they became successful. What they miss though is the small businesses that quietly make substantial profits every year. These companies go about their business quietly and draw attention from the customers - not the competition.
4. Act like a silly goof whenever and wherever you want ? people will never forget you - and that is what every business owner should dream of - sticking in everyone's mind.
5. Remember to share ? People can get very protective of what they learn and how they achieve success. When you have something of value that would benefit others ? share ! IT will come back to you one hundred fold . You do have you rights also - protect what is not to be shared and make sure others know it is yours and yours only.
6. Run naked every once in a while. Well ok, you don't have to be naked but run ? have fun, be free and try to be a kid again. Having kids gives you that chance again and it is incredible to relive the fun that you used to have ? when you weren't so serious about life and business.
7. Lay back on the grass and watch the clouds go by whenever you have a chance. Reflection and relaxation can be one of the most powerful combinations that you can ask for in your personal and business success ? use it !
8. Put on a fancy hat - dress up for the day. Nothing can make you feel like a new person more than a complete change in clothing. Wear something you usually would not wear ? or something you have always wanted to wear but were afraid to. In business this one little point can make you stand out from all of the rest. Wear a tacky tie, or a purple shirt, or a new hat every day ? your customers will never forget you.
9. Silence is not always a good thing. Usually it means something big is brewing and trouble is near. If you find too many of your competitors are quiet or your clients are quieter than usual ? figure out why ! Something serious could be happening out there and you better find out what it is.
10. Find some sand and let your toes dig in. Sand has an amazing soothing quality to it. If you do not have sand near your house or business ? go buy a bag of sand at your local garden center and put it in a small box you can dip your feet in. Try this when you are working on a tough problem ? new ideas will pop into your head in no time.
About The Author
By Troy White of www.SmallBusinessCopywriter.com... "Turning Words Into Wealth" Helping entrepreneurs jump start their business success and profit growth through uncommon, yet highly profitable, marketing techniques.
© Small Business Copywriter.com 2004
Buying a Business
Start thinking about buying an established business if you want to avoid the immense risks involved in starting one. Not everyone wants to start a business from scratch, and buying a business with the infrastructure in place lets you focus on building it up, as opposed to getting a new business off the ground. This is not to say that it's easy to buy an existing business; it's a fairly complicated process throughout which you need to know exactly what you're doing.
Lubbock TX Good Market for a Service Business
We very much like what we see in Lubbock, TX as a good place for a service business. The city is a very well designed and laid out town with growth in the 4-5% per year range, growth in the Northwest quadrant of the city is steady and good. We are bullish on Lubbock and see how a service company could advance forces into the area to seize market share. There is excellent labor there due to the colleges and a strong growing middle class with younger families. Retail sector is good as well along the Northwest outer ring.
Measuring Your Way to Success
Are you a motivational speaker who consistently gets rave reviews yet your ratio of speaking to return rate is not where you would like it to be? Perhaps you are a trainer whose delivery is complimented time and again, and yet you are only being asked by 10 to 20% of the clients you see for a repeat performance?
Fleet Washing Expansion Considerations
Many times small businesses want to expand their businesses and are not sure when the best time to do that might be. The key of course is cash flow. Will your current and brand new accounts afford you the cash flow to expand? Let us run thru a scenario with you and just so you know this is good advice, I own the Truck Wash Guys and have been doing this a while. Each time a franchisee wished to expand and ask for advice, I would look at their situation and determine if it was a wise idea. Sometimes it was, but often it was not. So let us look a hypothetical scenario for a moment:
Buy a Flower Shop: Serious Considerations
You've always liked flowers and you think the idea of turning emotions into floral expressions sounds like tremendous fun. You are between careers and have been investigating business opportunities in your community. Yesterday, while perusing the real estate magazine in your county, you notice that the family owned, downtown flower shop is for sale. The ad says it's a turnkey operation. This is your lucky day. Or is it?
Environmental Pressure Washing in Pennsylvania
If you run a mobile car wash, mobile fleet washing company, mobile auto detailing business or a Pressure Washing firm in Pennsylvania there are things you should know. Pennsylvania is serious about cleaning the environment.
Outsourcing and Virtual Assistants: Small Business Saviors
Work smarter, not harder
Speed Kills on the Web!
I only have to point to the 555 plus failed .com companies (according to Web Mergers) as the poster children of the "speed at any cost" business mantra that clearly doesn't work. And these were companies who burnt through significant amounts of capital (in the millions, tens of millions or hundreds of millions in many cases) while they were rushing to get to market.
The Role of the Business Model and Strategy for Business
People will always stress that having a well researched business plan is key before you start your business. Although creating a business plan is often an important step in the evolution of a business, particularly if you need financing or you are not experienced at running a business, it is not necessarily the essential first step. There are two key elements that should be completed prior to the business plan:
How to Profit from Business Consulting Opportunities
Business consulting opportunities might be just what your are looking for in a home based business.
Finding the Right Virtual Assistant for Your Small Business
Articles abound advising the business community how to properly screen when looking for a Virtual Assistant (VA). Unfortunately, some of the advice may lead you astray, as it often ignores the fact that VAs are not employees but independent contractors providing professional business to business (B2B) services.
The Skills Gap: It Pays to Use Experts
By outsourcing to skilled professionals you'll be able to grow your business without adding overhead.
Reduce Stress, Increase Profits By Incorporating Strategic Systems In Your Small Business Success
Whether you are an Entrepreneur or Business Professional there are many things you do each week that would benefit from a strategic system to help you be more effective, reduce errors and stress, help you enjoy your time at work and give you more time to have fun outside of work.
Old Data in Database Marketing Software
Database Problems in Marketing
Making Direct Mail Work for Small Businesses
If you own a small business, then you know the value of affordable and effective marketing. Unfortunately, many traditional and online advertising methods are becoming quite expensive. This article will explain direct mail guidelines and methods.
How to become a Career Coach for Profit
A career coach could be simply defined your job seeking partner. A career coach could be a career management coach, who helps you in managing your career or a career marketing coach, who helps you build contacts, posts your resumes, tries to find the best jobs for you and helps you secure the best jobs. He basically tries to market you effectively in the job market.
Racing the Competition
What is the Big Race all about when it comes to creating relationships?
Mobile Truck Washing, Case Study
Most folks in the pressure washing business are happier to do business cleaning concrete or flat work, because it appears to be easy. Some do both fleet truck washing and concrete, which makes sense. But what some do not understand is once you are totally efficient at truck washing you can surpass the dollars per hour that those in concrete cleaning generally charge. I have been washing fleets of trucks for over 12 years. What I have found is that our car wash guys www.carwashguys.com which is a mobile car wash business ended up being a fleet washing business and not only for car washing. This is because customers needed services and kept calling and we were able to do the work as good as any company could.
Small Business Health Check-Up
If your home business is not performing the way you hoped for, rather than stay away at night...use this simple list to check-up on possible reasons why your business is under performing.
7 Advantages to Incorporating
There's no question that hard work and a little luck is what it takes to BE successful. But a little knowledge, especially when it comes to setting up your business, will help you STAY successful.
|home | site map|