LIFESTYLE WELLNESS = An Adventure of Health + Vitality!
Not a strong wind, nor a surge of pressure, nor a fit of passion, nor anything, can throw you off when your body, mind and spirit are in perfect balance. -Unknown
'WELLNESS'....what does this word mean to you? What are the images, thoughts that come to mind? Perhaps you relate it to one or several of the following dimensions:
Physical Dimension: a state of being free from illness, being in good health, feeling "well", practicing good healthy habits; being able to do all you desire or need to, without physical restraints or limitations.
Emotional Dimension: feeling positive and enthusiastic about ones-self, ones' decisions, goals, sense of contentment, fulfillment, having peace, love, joy in our lives and our attitudes; cultivating and experiencing positive, loving relationships.
Mental Dimension: engaged in activities that bring personal gratification and fulfillment, You can feel good in mind by, learning more, making firm positive decisions, intellectual wellness, stress management, critical thinking, clearing your past to gain freedom from guilt, shame, insecurity, fear, etc.
Spiritual Dimension: seeking meaning and purpose in human existence. It could involve seeking answers to philosophical questions, such as: "Why am I here?" and "What is life about?" For some, faith in a personal God provides answers; for others, organized religion and then for others, introspection as well as being in touch with nature and their environment/universe helps to provide answers.
'Wellness' is a holistic concept and one of balance, encompassing the 'whole' person and all aspects of their life. It seemed to be unanimous with most, that keeping these aspects balanced can be like a juggling act and if just one dimension is out of balance, it will upset the others. In daily life it can be an ongoing conscientious struggle to achieve this balance.
Balance is a universal law and for things to function properly there must be equilibrium. Three examples are: 1) nature exists in balanced ecosystems; 2) the planetary system with its gravitation and rotation and specifically for we earthlings, that we neither freeze to death nor burn up because we are just the right distance from the sun; 3) the human body works best when our systems are balanced, if not, it is called illness.
We are all familiar to one degree or another with the results of imbalance in our lives: burnout, conflicts in relationships, a disorganized environment, fatigue, frustration, illness, insomnia, lack lustre, no fun, not creating or expressing oneself fully, overwork, not enough money, no spiritual life etc.
"Success isn't success unless your life is well balanced and you have peace of mind." -Nancy R. Fenn
Wellness is about TOTAL YOU; but it is not achieved by accident...just picking the dimension of wellness that you like and minimizing the others doesn't work in the long run. Optimal lifestyle wellness begins with a conscious, intentional decision/choice to assume responsibility for the quality of your life. It may mean raising your standards above what you have been comfortable with; it will require time, commitment, energy, motivation and attitude.
Adventure isn't just hanging on a rope off the side of a mountain. "Adventure is an attitude that we must apply to the day to day obstacles of life --facing new challenges, seizing new opportunities, testing our resources against the unknown and in the process, discovering our own unique God - given potentional" (--adapted from John Amatt; organizer and participant in Canada's first successful expedition to the summit of Mt Everest.)
"We are constantly advancing, like explorers, into the unknown, which makes life an adventure all the way" -Eleanor Roosevelt
We all have tried many times in different ways to tackle and manage the imbalances in our lives; sometime however, unsuccessfully or not completely. Encouragement, accountability and knowledge are often lacking. A Coach helps you discover/unearth who you are, where you are at and where you want to go and to create sustainable, healthy changes in your life with resources, tools and insights and a strong partnership with you. It is like running a race with a relay partner whereby your time and results are maximized while your efforts are halved.
BENEFITS FOR YOU THROUGH LIFESTYLE - WELLNESS COACHING:
A real action plan that supports your overall health:
* Increased knowledge of nutrition and supplementation; supplying the body with the proper nutrients
* Feeling more "at home" in your body, increased immunity and physical well-being ( improved muscle tone, strength, flexibility and endurance )
* Prevent or delay the premature onset of some forms of chronic disease
* Strengthening your personal foundation and implementation of regular self-care practices : "It takes courage to demand time for yourself. At first glance, it may seem to be the ultimate in selfishness, a real slap in the face to those who love and depend on you. It's not. It means you care enough to want to see the best in yourself and give only the best to others. It is silent recognition that your obligation to them is to give your best, and nothing less." -Shale Paul in The Warrior Within
* Increased self-respect, growth in confidence: "The act of discovery is not in finding new lands, but in seeing with new eyes" -Marcel Proust
* Moving from a place of stress and overwhelm, to simplicity, balance. "Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast-you also miss the sense of where you are going and why." - Eddie Cantor
"There is no power on earth that can neutralize the influence of a high, simple and useful life." -Booker T. Washington
* Learned ability to become "unstuck", identify blocks, tolerations and remove them. "Dwell as near as possible to the channel in which your life flows." -Thoreau, Henry David
* An enhanced sense of freedom; satisfaction; a forward shift
* A heightened sense of energy and vitality = increased productivity in tasks and work
* Live your life fully engaged in what excites you: " ...Ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - source unknown
* Risking adventures in new areas only before dreamed of: You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" - George Bernard Shaw
* Discovering the true spirit of who you really are and the gifts you have to contribute to the world around you: "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." - source unknown
* A life style that honors you and your values (being true to yourself) "This above all: to thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, Thou cans't not be false to any man" - Shakespeare
* Knowing how to have fun, to play and making time to do it : "And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahil Gibran
My favourite chuckle: Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing!
Post Workout Nutrition: Secrets to a Hard, Lean Body
As you've probably heard before, your post-workout meal may very well be your most important meal of the day. The reason is that when you're finished with an intense workout, you're entering a catabolic state where your muscle glycogen is depleted and increased cortisol levels are beginning to excessively break down muscle tissue.
Most of Us Talk and Think About Nutrition and Exercise as a Distant Activity to be Started Some Day!
If you do not take time to stand back at your nutrition and exercise habits then be ready with a big paycheck for those hospitals bills and some loans because you will not earn when you are hospitalised.Taking care of our nutriton and fitness is one of the best decisions we can take in our life.
Enjoy The Holidays Healthfully
How To Have A Healthy ThanksgivingEnd of the year holidays are a time when our eyes are often bigger than our stomach! Many of us wonder how we will get through them without gaining 5 or 10 pounds. So how can you feel great after parties and meals instead of overstuffed and uncomfortable?Your stomach cannot miraculously hold more food just because it's the holidays.
Calcium Absorption and Information
Ionized minerals, colloidal minerals, chelated minerals . .
Food with Niacin and The Benefits
Niacin, also called nicotinic acid, is a member of the B-group of water-soluble vitamins and occurs in food with niacin. Also known as B3, niacin has many beneficial properties and food with niacin should be included in the diet as part of a healthy lifestyle.
Water And Good Hydration
The key to good hydration is drinking a lot of water before, during and after any workout or activity. Water is essential for proper bodily function.
Beverages Boost Calorie Intake, But Many View Fluids As Calorie-free!
Beverages - and not just alcohol - are a significant if little recognized source of calories in North American diets. Yet many people seem to believe that if a calorie is ingested in fluid form, it's a freebie.
What is A Balanced Diet For Losing Weight and Good Health?
The total calories that you should be consuming depend on whether you are a women or a man. It depends on your body structure and your activity level.
MonaVie Acai Berry Juice - The Tree of Life from Amazonian Rainforest...
What ancient tribes and people of the Amazon have known for centuries, the world is just discovering. That an ancient berry, called the Acai Berry, may cause a sexual sensation.
Put a Zing in your Step with Ginger!
Zingiber officinale has been held in the highest regard by the Indian and Chinese civilizations for as far back as 5000 years.Pythagoras the Greek mathematician was a devotee, as was King Henry VIII.
Omega 3, Close to A Medical Miracle of our Century
OmegaRx Fish Oil, quoted as being close to a Medical Miracle in our Century! Omega 3, The Good Fat, Is on your side, they contribute to your good health. They are also a big part of Dr Barry Sears Zone Diet.
Good Fat Diet or How to Choose the Best Foods for Your Family?
Some fats are good for you. Your body can't function without them.
Let Your Freezer Be Your Ally!
Most recipes end with instructions to "serve immediately." You could conceivably serve any one immediately but how about putting meals in the deep freeze for prosperity.
Fighting Fatigue and the American Diner Breakfast
(Part 1 of a Special 5 Part Series on Body Awareness)I went out for lunch yesterday and ordered a portobello mushroom wrap with some fresh vegetables, no dressing at the local sandwich and coffee shop.As always, it was a struggle to find something at a deli, restaurant or take out place that fits my somewhat stringent and holistic dietary requirements.
Inactive Alert: Essential Proteins for Sedentary People
The importance of protein in diet has been clearly established by nutritional scientists, and widely accepted by athletes. Among other vital functions, protein is indispensable for creating muscle.
What is Organic Food?
"Organic" has some quite specific legal definitions in most developed countries.In the U.
Like the Sun, Moon, and Earth, there are three kinds of vegetarians in existence: ovo-lacto, a vegetarian that eats vegetables, fruits, grains, legumes, seeds and nuts, as well as eggs and dairy products. Lacto, a vegetarian that eats everything the "ovo-lacto" does, except eggs.
Ultra Refined Fish Oil - The New Generation of Fish Oil
Dr. Barry Sears revolutionized nutritional thinking around the world with his 1995 landmark #1 New York Times best seller The Zone.
Is Vitamin E Beneficial Or Harmful? Cutting Through The Clutter Of Different Scientific Opinions
Numerous reports have recently appeared in both the lay and medical press questioning the value of vitamin E supplementation and suggesting that there are risks associated with its use even at doses previously thought to have been "safe". What do we do with the hundreds of studies and extensive clinical research that has been published in the medical literature suggesting benefit in cardiovascular disease, alzheimers, diabetes and other degenerative diseases? A search of the National Library of Medicine yields over 25,000 citations, many funded or sponsored by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other prestigious medical and scientific organizations.
Why Fad Diets Don't Work
Fad diets have been around for more than 50 years and no matter how many come and go, we are always intrigued and excited by the next one feeling almost sure this will be the one to work. And they do work.
|home | site map|