|Traffic Building Information|
Driving Qualified Traffic Using Directories
Some education is essential to enlighten you about this form of interactive marketing. Directories aren't Search Engines; they are web sites or information portals which use analysts on staff to review submissions from companies who want to be listed in their Directory. Yahoo would be the penultimate example of this type of a portal. But there are literally thousands of other sites that group and list web sites based on their analysis criteria. Here are some tips garnered from years of providing these services to our clients.
1. How do you find Directories? I don't have an easy solution for you, as we've spent years developing and refining (ongoing) our own list of Directories. But, look around on the Internet using Search Engines to find popular sites that list resources in your vertical market segment.
2. Directory listings are a great value, as they provide a long-term listing, unlike Search Engine rankings which are much more volatile. Once you achieve a listing you are typically locked into a Directory's database for a very long time.
3. Let's start with the twenty-ton gorilla in this market, Yahoo! Spend time carefully reviewing their various categories, then take the plunge and use their "Business Express" service which costs just under $200. (USD) to submit your site. Don't, I repeat don't submit unless you have carefully analyzed where you belong in their huge category selections; if you make a mistake you only have one chance to get a new or revised listing, as they aren't very forgiving of those who don't do their homework before submitting.
4. Be patient when submitting to Directories, as most are getting tens or hundreds of thousands of submissions per day - it will take 30-90 days to actually get listed. Keep an accurate record of sites you have posted to and then check back 60-90 days later and resubmit if necessary, but don't spam them, as this will not garner any results.
5. Never submit a site unless it is ready for primetime, with no broken links, under construction pages, incomplete text, graphics that aren't loading properly, etc. Indexers are very busy, once they see a site which has problems they will click to the next entry on their list and your hard work is to no avail.
6. Be prepared with the proper marketing materials for this type of a campaign, including a working title for your site which is 6-8 words, several groups of keywords that are separated by commas and spaces of varying lengths, approx 10-20 and 30-75 keywords, and a longer description of your site which can be one to two sentences.
7. Part of the required expertise involved in this process is in the actual category selection - carefully select which category or categories where you think your site fits by looking at others in this category to determine if you fit into this classification.
8. Be aware we are seeing a shift to fee-based submissions to shortcut the process - Yahoo started the trend over a year ago, now LookSmart and other top tier Directories are starting to do the same. The tradeoff is of course minimizing time to market - we recommend using the commercial services to our clients.
9. Want to know if this process has actually done anything for you? Check your log files or web site analysis software and look at where your traffic is coming from.
10. If you are getting significant traffic from a small list of Directories you may want to go back to their web site and pay for their premium listing services to drive more traffic. These enhanced listings services typically enable you to bold your listing or add graphical content which enhances the textual description, usually only for a few hundred dollars per year.
About The Author
Lee Traupel has 20 plus years of business development and marketing experience - he is the founder of Intelective Communications, Inc., http://www.intelective.com a results-driven marketing services company providing proprietary services to clients encompassing startups to public companies.
What Can Lots Of Content Do For Your Site?
Today there are so many web sites on the web, but so few of them have good content and there are even fewer web sites that have large amounts of content. Why is the web like this? For one most webmasters are trying to make a quick buck and others don't know where to begin or are too lazy to do the work.
Free Traffic Course - Day 2
This is the 2nd day of "Free Traffic Course" and it will explain how you can save much time and efforts on looking for the targeted joint-venture partners and affiliates for your web site.
How to Increase Targeted Traffic that Boost Your Income?
To increase targeted traffic is one of the foremost wish lists to the webmasters. And the targeted traffic is one of corner stones that make you rich via Internet marketing. Whether you're an affiliate, selling your own products/services, or a web master who seeks extra income through your web site, these three cornerstones must be obtained. What are they?
Linking for Traffic: The Shift from Link Directories to Hyper-Targeted Linking
There's a stiff wind blowing in a new direction on the web. And you'd benefit from taking the time to notice the direction its headed.
4 Ways To Use Quality Content To Increase Traffic To Your Website
There are multiple ways to drive traffic to your website. You can use pay per click, search engine optimization, email marketing, ezine advertising and many more.
How to Increase Web Site Traffic in Three Steps
To increase web site traffic, you first need determination, a goal, and a plan of action. Perserverance that comes through a grit your teeth kind of determination is an essential first step towards getting a flood of traffic to your website. Read on to discover how each element comes together to help drive traffic to your website.
Triple Your Traffic with Top Keyword Strategies
Although the topic of keyword strategy and selection may appear to have been beaten to death already, it remains critical to the success of your website. Choosing the best keywords is only "Phase One" of the process. You must also make the most of the keywords you have.
Publicity Tips to Get More Traffic to Your Web Site
Web sites are on my mind, since I just updated mine. Now, I am in the process of publicizing it. As my search engine marketing (pay-per-click) costs are soaring, I have been looking for ways to get free traffic to my site. Perhaps these tips from my research can help you increase traffic to your Web site:
Do You Need to Marry The Daughter?
For the sake of this article let's forget about search engines, paid leads and your own affilate programs. Let's concentrate instead on pro's and con's of putting much effort into recruiting downlines in those multi-level "viral" programs that are intended to help you promoting.
20 Easy Ways To Get People To Link To Your Web Site
First off all let's define what is a link exchange? A link exchange Internet marketing campaign is the process of exchanging hyperlinks with a quality site that is somehow related to a company's product or service.
Submitting Your Articles To E-zines and Viral Marketing
Viral Marketing Defined
How to Get Non Reciprocal Links
In this article we will look at how to get non reciprocal links.
Traffic Exchange Primer
Traffic exchanges are everywhere. A traffic exchange is a clever way to get hundreds or thousands of visitors to your website. The concept is very simple and the exchange process is easy to put into action. First, you join a traffic exchange program that includes individuals with websites to promote. Next, you set up the website you want to promote. Finally, you visit the websites of the other members and they visit your website in exchange.
Create Laser Targeted Traffic to Your Online Home Based Business With These 7 Traffic Builders
If you are only looking at Search Engines too send Visitors to your Online Home Based Business Web Site then you are missing out on 6 other Key Methods of Traffic Generation. With these 7 Traffic Builders anyone can create a Swarm of Laser Targeted Traffic to their Online Home Based Business Web Site.
10 Proven Ways to Breakthrough Web Traffic!
Here are 10 great ways to boost your web traffic:
9 Hot Tips for Linking With Other Sites
If you have a website the chances are you receive e-mails from Webmasters asking you to make a link exchange with them. But how do you know whether you should link to their website or not? Well here are 9 rules of thumb, to help guide you through the linking maze.
Quick, Easy & FREE Ways to Kickstart Your Website Traffic in 4 Simple Steps
Just launched your website? Now what?
The #1 Secret For Building Website Traffic
The number one question among webmasters is "How can I increase the number of visitors to my website?". There are several ways, but adding content to your site is the most effect method there is. This article explains why and how to do it.
3 Website Positioning Tactics Guaranteed to Boost Your Traffic
There are many tactics you can use to increase traffic to your website. However, three particularly effective suggestions include search engine optimization, keyword articles, and trading links with other web pages. When you incorporate these three strategies into your overall Web site strategy you will be sure to increase your traffic.
Web Traffic Wonder: Are You Using This Free List Building Tool?
Yes, if need more web traffic, this free list building tool could be a painless way to steadily build more prospects, more web traffic, and more income.
|home | site map|