|Top Quick Tips|
Advice for New Coaches: 10 Ways to Attract Your First Paying Client and Receive Endless Referrals
Many new coaches struggle to attract their first client. Often, these coaches are so desperate to prove themselves, they'll sacrifice their financial health to coach their first few clients for free.
There's no need to struggle like this. As a new coach, you can use many clever techniques to gain trust and raise your profile so that your first client pays what you're worth and walks away singing your praises.
Here's 10 things that worked for me in the first 18-months of my coaching business. If you're new to coaching, use these techniques to heighten your chances of enrolling your first client who will hand over the money.
1. Lead an online forum or discussion board. Having an online forum, listserv, discussion board or email discussion list is an excellent way to build your credibility. Currently, I lead a forum on ryze.com specifically for women who want to become more confident. The women on my network see me as an expert in my particular field and this is one way I build trust. Because I've built my credibility by giving my expertise on my forum, these women sign up for my teleclasses or workshops with no hesitation because they know they'll receive exceptional value.
2. Focus on a niche market. As I mentioned before, I focus on helping women realize their self-employment dreams faster. Because of my narrow focus, I get a lot of clients. And this helps me to build a referral network of women who sing my praises to their peers and friends.
3. Have a provable track record. I'm in awe at how many coaches want to coach people in certain areas, and they themselves have no track record. For example, why would anyone hire a relationship coach who has had 2 divorces and is still single? Or, why hire a business coach who has had 2 failed businesses? In order to gain trust, I focused on one of my strengths - my success in leaving my full-time job and becoming my own boss in 12-months. I did it, so I teach women to do it. Because of this, I gain more trust.
4. Network online. Using social networks to meet people is yet another way to gain trust and raise your visibility. I'm a member of ryze.com, ecademy.com and linkedin.com and I've met alot of great people. Because I actively participate on these 3 sites, people now refer business to me. I have clients all over North America and that's due to the trust I've built by networking online.
5. Submit articles to article submissions services. I can't tell you how many interviews I've gotten on TV and radio stations because the segment producer or production assistant found my articles online. I would highly recommend that you use these services. They help to raise your ranking in search engines based on certain keywords. Also, if people see you in the media alot, they assume you must know your stuff and this is yet another way of building your credibility.
6. Maintain a blog. I've been blogging since 1998, so this isn't new to me. However, what's new is the speed in which search engines pick up my blog entries. Because I update it three times a week, my blog entries show up really high in google.com, depending on the keywords entered. Prospects read my blog, then email to inquire about my services. The media reads my blog and call me to be their local expert on a national or international story. Clients are reading my blog and contact me to extend their coaching contracts. Get a blog as it helps to build credibility.
7. Focus your message. The last thing people want to do is hire someone who keeps changing their tagline, business name or target market each week. I met a coach recently who changed his tagline every time he sent out an email. Then, he'd post questions on coaching email lists asking what he should focus on and how to get clients. In my mind, I would never refer a client to him because he seems scattered. As a new coach, I highly recommend that you do not launch your coaching business until you do some research and write a business plan. More people will trust you if you look polished, focused and in control.
8. Be an expert in something. Don't make the mistake of saying that you coach everyone. Being an expert in one area is much better than being a generalist in every area. Also, being an expert means that people will trust your viewpoint and sign up for your services since you must really know your stuff. So, aim to know something really well, develop your own point of view and be delirious as the clients come pouring in.
9. Develop a newsletter. When I launched my website, I made sure I had a newsletter sign-up box on every page. A newsletter is important to your coaching business because you can provide valuable information to both clients and prospects. I send out a newsletter twice a month that contains an interview and links to related products that I offer. A newsletter acts as a non-interactive conversation between you and the subscriber. When they're ready to hire a coach, instead of searching the web, your newsletter will remind them that you exist.
10. Join a professional coaching association. You can't do this all by yourself, so it's a great idea to join an organization of your peers. That way, you can ask questions in a safe and inviting environment. Also, your peers can refer business to you and this can only happen if trust has been established. I highly recommend the following:
At the end of the day, it's all about perception. And to some people, perception is reality. So, give people a reason to trust you and most likely, they will.
Leesa Barnes is a career transition expert who inspires women to create the career they deserve through her coaching programs and workshops. For more information about Leesa, visit her website at http://www.savialane.com.
Seven Steps to Achieving Your Dream
"Vision is the spectacular that inspires us to carry out the mundane." -- Chris Widener
7 Super Ways To Drum Up More Sales
1. Use subheads throughout your ad copy.
Business Goals - The 10 Commandments
The Ten Commandments of Goal Setting While it's good to set goals and work them into a proper plan, the fact is many people succeed in business without setting any goals. Be careful not to set your goals too high. You should have goals that are achievable, otherwise frustration will set in and you are more likely to give up.
Top 10 Items For A 21st Century Toolbox!
Skilled workers of every age have prized their tools. I recently visited a Museum of Natural History and was amazed at the craftsmanship and precision of the sextants and chronometers that allowed explorers to map our world in the 18th and 19th centuries. Such tools must have cost many years' wages for the average person! I was reminded of how my Grandfather prized and cared for the tools he used on his farm. I vividly remember his showing me how to work a haybaler or oil the harness for his team of horses, tools from an age that is long-gone. But it brings up the question: What are the tools for our age, and what are the skills we will need to keep them "sharp" and useful? I suggest the following tools for your 21st Century Toolbox:
Ten Steps To Better Listening
Talking is the least important half of any conversation. Listening is the real skill. Listening for what is being said, what is being omitted and what's being given a "spin."
Seven Questions to Improve Your Business, Your Relationships, and Your Life
Seven Questions to Improve Your Business, Your Relationships, and Your Life
Ten Tips to Build a Culture of Inspirational Leadership
Leadership, leadership development and leadership training are "Hot" issues in today's business world. A recent Internet search uncovered over 44 million hits on leadership, over 20 million hits on leadership development and 15.7 million on leadership training. Visiting an Internet bookstore revealed similar interest with almost 18,000 titles including the key word of leadership, over 2,200 titles including leadership development and 1,400 titles with leadership training.
Positioning Your Company for Debt Financing
Positioning Your Company for Debt Financing:
Business Meeting Etiquette
Business etiquette is essentially about building relationships with colleagues, clients or customers. In the business world, it is these people that can influence your success or failure. Etiquette, and in particular business etiquette, is simply a means of maximising your business potential by presenting yourself favourably.
5 Things You Must Do Well When Buying a Business to Not Get Burned
Are you not sure what Business to buy? Need to know what is a fair deal?
Management, Balance & Time - 10 Tips for Managing Overwhelm in your Business
How many of us have been in a position where we have more to do than can realistically fit into one day, or week. So we spend all of our time feeling rushed, being rushed, and wondering how on earth we are going to manage. If you are having that feeling of overwhelm in your business, it's time to take stock of what's going on.
10 Compelling Reasons Not to Downsize
Almost daily, newspapers, business magazines, radio and television carry reports of corporations, large and small, that are downsizing. Their attention is chiefly focused on the impact to the employees, as they are the ones most acutely experiencing the immediate effects. But what are the effects on the companies? Downsizing, rightsizing or any of the number of synonyms for radically cutting expenses and employees, may provide a decrease in operating expenses in the near term, but how will they impact the longer term future?
10 Great E-Commerce Businesses You Can Start Now
If you've been thinking of starting a business on the web but you're not sure what type of business to start then this article is for you. You could be wasting valuable time trying to make your first move. There are thousands of opportunities on the web and this article is meant to show you just a few great ideas that could help you get up and running with your very own e-commerce business.
How to Become an Expert in Your Niche Business
What is a niche business? A niche business is one that caters to the common needs and interests of a focused group of people. For instance, people who play golf forms a niche market and people who are golf instructors form an even tighter and smaller niche.
Top Ten Ways to Develop New Success Habits
1. Make a clear, specific commitment to what you want. Put your commitment in writing and post it where you can see it often.
Top 10 Ways to Start a Business For Less Than $500
We've heard numerous success stories of Internet entrepreneurs like Jeff Bezos, who started Amazon.com from his garage, using cheap plywood to construct desks. There are scores of others and they never fail to make new entrepreneurs feel a little overwhelmed or dare I say, jealous. Well not every business has the moneymaking potential of some of these successful businesses but it's no reason for you not to have a profitable business of your own. After you read this article you'll never have to ask again, "I'm barely making ends meet. How can I start a business? "
10 Marketing Tips For Your Business
Here are a few ideas to get you started, all with low or no cost, which should especially help you in the early days of your business.
Wealth Building Scams
I have some good news and I have some bad news. First the good news. The number of infomercials on television is decreasing.
Home Furnishings in India : How to Find an Exporter,manufacturer or Supplier ? Beyond a Database.
Looking for a manufacturer or supplier of home furnishings in India ?
Why Clarity Is Essential To Building Massive Momentum In Your Business
Clarity is an absolutely essential ingredient for you to achieve your full potential in business. Napolean Hill, in his classic book Think & Grow Rich, said "Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve." He goes on to explain why having a clear definition of what you want to achieve is a critical factor in your success.
|home | site map|