|Small Business Information|
11 Things Small Business Owners Can Learn From Tiger
1. There Are No "gimmes" ? They count two-foot putts on the PGA Tour. Hold your small business team accountable for completing everything they commit to starting.
2. Set Priorities ? Like Jack Nicklaus before him, Tiger plans his schedule around peaking at the majors. Make time to prioritize your daily, weekly and monthly goals for maximum results.
3. Step Outside Your Comfort Zone ? The recent commercial with Tiger spoofing Bill Murray in "Caddyshack" shows he will take chances. Allow yourself to reach beyond your imagined limits.
4. Keep Smiling ? While Tiger certainly shows frustration throughout a round, he still flashes that brilliant smile. Remember to do the same, especially when your employees need to see it.
5. Eliminate Distractions ? When Tiger was young, his father would jiggle change, make noises and toss balls during his swing. Practice overcoming conditions that affect your productivity.
6. Always Finish What You Start ? Tiger gives his best every Sunday, regardless of whether or not he's in contention. Follow through on important initiatives, instead of allowing your daily responsibilities to consume them.
7. Take Time Away ? Tiger limits himself to a set number of events each year to maintain some form of a normal life. Be sure to pause and recharge yourself occasionally.
8. Practice ? Golf is "the magnificent game of skill," and Tiger excels because of the work he puts in between competitive rounds. Continue learning and growing to maximize your potential.
9. Priorities Change ? Some said Tiger's struggles in 2004 were because he discovered a significant other. Life is a series of stages, and it's all right to focus on what's important along the way.
10. Think Big ? When Tiger turned pro, his father predicted greatness. That's a lot of pressure, but he clearly prepared his son for the spectacular. As the leader of your small business?imagine the impossible.
11. You Can't Do It Alone ? Tiger continually works with a coach to perfect (read: change) his swing. Even the greatest need an objective opinion to help them excel.
Copyright © 2004 by Success Handler, LLC. All rights reserved.
The Coach, David Handler, is the founder of Success Handler, (http://www.successhandler.com), and specializes in helping small business leaders find clarity and take action. He understands the challenges of running a business, because he's been there ? as a small business owner, franchisee, franchisor, corporate leader and trainer. Much like sports coaches, his coaching will show you how to compete on a level playing field in your industry.
Your Small Business Suggestion Box
A suggestion box is a really good idea for your business. It can help you get valuable feedback from your customers -- feedback that they don't normally think to share with you. Whether your business is a brick and mortar location or purely virtual, it's important to hear from your customers. Here are some tips for success.
Advertising - For Small Businesses (Part 1)
Is it right for you?
Covenants Not To Compete: Another Franchise Quandary
Imagine that you have operated a successful franchise business for the past several years. Your franchise agreement's term expires in the near future and you are contemplating whether renewing the agreement would be a wise business decision. In the past couple of years it has become all too apparent that you are receiving little, if any, benefit or assistance from your franchisor. Yet, you continue to pay the franchisor thousands of dollars each year in royalties and other fees. You therefore decide that it would make better "business sense" to operate independently after expiration of your franchise term. After all, you are very familiar with the business and have worked extremely hard in developing and establishing a solid client base to enable you to continue running a profitable and prosperous operation.
Setting Up as an Electronic Repair Authorized Service Center
If you plan to upgrade your workshop into an Authorized Service Center, this should guarantee plenty of work and a secure future. Setting up from scratch as an Authorized Service Center is not an easy job. Your workshop need to meet the manufacturers' requirement first before they can appoint your company as an Authorized Service Center.
So You Don?t Believe in Outsourcing
Entrepreneurs are hardy stock. But sometimes hardiness can get you into trouble.
Image of Your Franchise Automotive Outlet is So Important
Image of your franchise automotive outlet is so important. Some say image is everything, well then if you buy a franchise you should be constantly thinking of image and cleanliness. If you read Ray Kroc's book "Grinding it Out" (McDonalds Visionary) or Tom Monahan's (Founder of Dominos Pizza) book "Franchising for Dummies" or Howard Shultz's book; "Pour Your Heart Into it" (Story of Starbucks) you will see they all built brand on image. Even for those of you who are the extroverted sales type, plenty of examples such as "Customer's For Life" by Carl Sewel and "Exceeding Customer Expectations" by Jack Taylor (founder of Enterprise Rent-A-Car). But as I travel the country and have literally been to every city in the country over 10,000 population in the US;
Computer Tips that Help Small Businesses Operate Profitably
When working properly, computers enable small businesses to make big business profits; however, get booted off your computer and you're suddenly starving. In most instances, computers usually act up due to lack of care by its owners. Here are four computer tips that'll keep you up and running smoothly.
The Most Important Decision of Your Massage Business Career
Don't you find that there are so many decisions you need to make each and every day regarding the direction of your massage practice. Especially if you are a solo-preneur or own your own massage business.
To Buy Or Not To Buy: Lawn Mowing Business
TRUTH IN THE LAWN MOWING INDUSTRY
Five Tips for First Time Entrepreneurs
It seems so long ago that I started my first business. Since that time, I've created several successful businesses and learned a lot of lessons along the way. There are several things I wish I would have known in the early days of my entrepreneurial efforts that I hope will help some other first time entrepreneurs on their path to success.
Are You Running Your Business or Is Your Business Running You?
Being a small or home-based business owner can be loads of fun and very rewarding.
Tell Me The Reasons Why I Should Believe You?
Have you ever heard the phrase, 'PREPONDERANCE OF PROOF'?
Profits are within 6 Degrees of Freedom
How far away is the person you need to meet?
Never Burn a Bridge
Why should you always maintain a good report with a business even when you are parting ways?
Top Ten Resolves for Building Your Business in 2005
1. Resolve to build a consistent network system.
7 Essentinal Resources for Small Business
So you want to start a business but you don't have a lot of money? Start your business online, and it won't be a problem.
How to Remove Stress from Owning a Business... Forever!
I meet and talk to hundreds and hundreds of business owners every year and do you know what I've discovered? Virtually all of them are regularly suffering from stress.
Does Your Small Business Marketing Suffer From The Bulldog Effect?
If you're an entrepreneur responsible for your own small business marketing, there's a marketing method you should avoid at all costs, which I've coined the bulldog effect for reasons you will understand shortly. Keep reading to find out if you're guilty of using this technique in your own marketing and learn how to fix it.
Detailing Business Options
So you want to get into the auto detailing business and are not sure what options are right for you? It is a difficult choice indeed and there are so many options. Let me tell you a few having been in the industry some 27-years, we have seen a lot of businesses come and go and we have seen what works.
Tell Me a Story: A Simple But Powerful Tool to Build Your Business
Everyone loves a good story. Whether it's the story of your vacation to an exotic place, the story of how you met your spouse, or the story of your small business, people get drawn in and feel involved. Storytelling is as old as civilization itself.
|home | site map|