Getting Rid of Red Eye
The photos you took of the party are really great - except for one thing: "red eye" makes everyone look like extras from a low budget horror movie! Red eye can be a real problem if you're taking photos with a flash. It's caused by the reaction of light from the flash on the inner workings of your eye. Pictures of animals (especially cats) can suffer from a similar condition know as "pet eye".
Photoshop offers a solution to this problem, and while it can't make things look exactly the way they should have been, it can make the people (or pets) in your pictures look less "possessed".
The first thing to do is upload your photos into your computer, or scan them in if you're working from prints, then follow these simple steps.
1. To keep your original safe, make a copy of it by going to Image > Duplicate. Rename the copy if you wish, then close the original.
2. Open a duplicate window of the same image. Do this by going to Window > Documents > New Window in Photoshop 7, or View > New View in Photoshop 6 or earlier. Then zoom in on one of the windows so that an eye fills the window. Set the other window's magnification to 100%. Arrange the windows so you can see them both at the same time. This will enable you to work in close-up, but still see what the finished picture will look like. As it is the same picture in both windows, the 100% view will be updated automatically in real time.
3. Create a new layer.
4. Use the Eyedropper Tool to pick a colour from the iris of the eye - this will be fairly grey, with just a hint of the eye colour. Take the sample from as near to the red area as you can without picking up any of the reddish tint.
5. In the new layer, paint over the red area with this colour. Try various tools (brushes, pencils, Paint Bucket Tool, etc.) to achieve the desired effect. You'll have to experiment and see which one works best for you on each particular picture - a lot will depend on the photo's resolution. Be careful to avoid the "white of the eye" on pictures of people. Do small amounts at a time, that way you can easily undo anything that doesn't look right. If you paint over the pupil, use the Art History Brush to expose it again, or the Burn Tool to paint it in if it was obscured in the first place.
6. Go to Filters > Blur > Gaussian Blur and give the layer a blur of one or two pixels to soften the edges.
7. Now set the layer blend mode to saturation. If this makes the eye look too dull or grey, duplicate the layer and change the blend mode of this new layer to Hue. This should put some of the colour back. If the colour looks too strong, change the opacity of the Hue layer until it looks right.
8. When you're happy with the results, merge the layers down, save your work, and start again with the next eye.
Shaun Pearce is a writer and video maker. His latest production "Photoshop Master" shows you how to get the most from Photoshop, and can be downloaded from http://www.learnphotoshopfast.com.
Collins C. Diboll Art Gallery at Loyola Hosts Landscape Photography Show - Loyola University New Orleans
Choosing The Right Digital Camera
Let's get something straight right out of the box. If you're looking to buy a new digital camera, you don't really have to be an expert in pixels and mega pixels and all that kind of stuff.
Crooked Horizons in Your Photos? - Here is a Five Minute Digital Fix
Remember the good old photography days?Film camera in hand, you would see that perfect landscape, seascape or sunset and shoot off several shots.Perhaps a couple of weeks later, once you had returned home and finally finished that 24 or 36 exposure film, it was off to the photo-lab to get the film processed.
Understanding Digital Photography
Most serious photographers and all professionals use a Single Lens Reflex camera (SLR), the definition of an SLR camera is that the image is captured exactly as you see it in the viewfinder. However there are now two types of SLR the single lend reflex film (SLRF) and the single lens digital (SLD).
The Primer on Digital Camera Printers
Once you have clicked photos through your digital camera, then the next step is to turn these 'virtual' images into real photos. One way is to send the memory card to a digital photo laboratory and get the images developed there.
Creating Personalized Photo Calendars
About Personalized Photo Calendars:Photo Calendars are 12-month, wall-hanging calendars that you can create using your own digital photos and captions. As you customize your own photo calendar, you can start the calendar on whatever month and year you wish.
Help! My Old Colour Photo has Turned Pink - 5 Minute Digital Fix
Almost all of us will have seen this particular photographic problem, namely, your old colour photographs appear to have taken on an overall pink or blue tint.This is primarily due to the chemicals within the various layers of the photographic paper starting to breakdown, often due to age, and the way that the photographs have been stored.
The Truth About Pixels - Part I: Digital Cameras
Most digital cameras today boast of greater resolution and picture quality. What does that mean to the amateur or occasional photographer? You hear of cameras with 3 megapixals up to 6 or 7 megapixals.
Guidelines for Printing Great Photos at Home
So you have this great digital camera and you've taken lots of great photos. Now what? Well you could go to a store and have them print your images for you, but isn't that what you did with film? The point of all this great digital technology is that you can print your own photos at home without having to pay someone else to do it.
Landscape Photography - Capture the Beauty That is All Around
There are many different types of photography. You can take pictures of anything and there is someone out there somewhere who would like to see the pictures that you take.
Digital Camera Reviews and Ratings De-Mystify the Choices
Shopping for a new digital camera can be quite frustrating with the hundreds of choices available. Digital camera reviews clarify this confusion by comparing camera features and options, then rating how each camera compares with similar models.
Panasonic Digital Cameras - The History Behind Their Cameras
Panasonic is a world-renowned consumer electronics company today. Its digital cameras have recently entered the market.
Picture Framing for Photographers - Part 2
There are two sources for obtaining the moulding for making a frame. You can firstly start with a straight piece of timber, and using a home routing system make your own moulding shape with a rebate to take the art work.
Kodak CX7300 Digital Camera
Quality digital cameras are becoming affordable for just about everyone these days. Kodak's entry into the low cost end of the market is their CX7300 3.
Entering the World of Digital Video Cameras
Gone are the days when you would need to employ a professional to take a video for your business projects. Whether you need it to provide training to your employees or students, you can do it yourself with the help of a digital video camera.
History of the Camera
Early cameras of the 16th and 17th century were able to project images onto paper or glass but the study of capturing, processing and printing the images took many more years. Up until the 17th century, scientists believed that light was composed basically of the 'white' that is perceived by the human eye.
How to Buy the Right Digital Camera
When buying a digital camera there are many things you should consider. First you should understand how a digital camera works.
Passionate Organizing: How To Create A System To Organise Your Digital And Traditional Photos
Digital photography promises much. Store your photographs on your computer, print them when you want, email them to friends and family - share them to your heart's content.
How to Take Great Photos of Your Child
Children are naturally photogenic. Ive worked in studios and children are so easy to photograph.
Digital Camera Metering
Looking at the most intricate details of the digital camera as a technologically advanced device a lot of functions come into play. Such s a point is that of the digital camera metering.
Photography Contest - a fun and rewarding experience
Do you like to take photos? Are you always standing by with your camera waiting for that moment that is meant to be captured on camera? You may even be taking photography classes or maybe you have already completed a photography course and you want to share your photos with others. You may want to get into photography as a career and winning a photography contest will help you get recognized.
|home | site map|
|© 2006 KeralaClick.com|